Started by Anonymous, December 27, 2003, 20:17

Anonymous

Pioneer DEH-P8400MP

or
Sony CDXMP70

or
Sony CDX-M1000TF

Anonymous

Just going on looks here, but I'd go with the Pioneer. That looks superb, without being ostentatious.

Anonymous

I prefer the Sony M1000.  But then I'm a bit unsure about Sony kit these days.

MR-S Turbo

Pioneer for me.  As i have one of those units and I am more than happy with it.
TRD 2000GT - 500BHP ish

filcee

I'm looking at some Pioneer kit too.  What about:

The retro look:

More silvery - I think Buster has a HU like this?

Or a restrained black with a bit of silver, and orange lighting:

I'm interested to know if there's any experience of these units. If I buy one, I need to know what to expect.  I'm also looking to match up with the interior on the '03 model, which is black with a bit of silver.  No. 3 looks right (and is the cheapest here), but if there's a noticeable difference in sound quality for a few more quid, then I'll spend more.  Plus, I'm looking for MP3 capabilities, so the MP3 engine will need to be good to get the most out of the compressed music files.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Anonymous

right im going to sound very silly as i always say pioneer are the dogs dangles but on this occation the DEH-P8400 has got a few problems with it!

I know turbo's got on but i have had loads brought back because of the flip function stops working and the ficia display stops working !

Its down to the mechanics behind the opening function ! but poineer are taking it off the market soon and updated with a new one !

The reason for this is of the dual display and all off the other active ficia's dont have this problem.

I have the DEH-P9000R about 2 years old and it's never let me down.

I always tell people you only pay low price for low qauilty gear so try and go for the best one you can afford!

Anonymous

Penny has one like the second one and its the dogs!   s:D :D s:D  Even on her standard speakers it makes such a difference... totally rocks!

filcee

Kris,

Which second one?  The sony mp70, or the silvery pioneer?
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable

juansolo

Showing my age:

I REALLY like the retro one...
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

filcee

Quote from: "juansolo"Showing my age:

I REALLY like the retro one...

I know - I can remember when all car radios looked like that.  That's why it caught my eye.  Just not sure about gunmetal grey against the cheapo black plastic interior  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable

Anonymous

Quote from: "filcee"Kris,

Which second one?  The sony mp70, or the silvery pioneer?

Sorry, the Pioneer. Not 100% sure if its the MP3 one but i know it was a pretty high spec one for little money (perks of having a mate that can get them all cheap!   s:D :D s:D  )

Anonymous

Not sure on all the fancy graphics ones. How often do you get to sit and look at them whilst driving along? My old head unit had (primitive) graphic stuff and apart from friends calling it sad/cool never really got looked at.

I prefer the retro style pioneer one, but then I am getting on a bit now   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

its not all about the graphics when setting up teh sound staging and remote gains when you can see all aspects of the car as it shows in the 9000 series it easy to determine where you need more gain and others to turn down. and it gives it in graphic form!

Also i have mine set to a noramll EQ statuts and shows all the ranges useing at the moment and they go up and down accordingly and i think that looks good   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

That's true, never thought of that   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Long time since I've done the audio thing. Can see why the setup / configuration would be useful to have a nice full on graphics display. Spectrum Analysers are funky, but as the driver, you don't get to watch them beat up and down much   s:( :( s:(  

These days, as long as it plays MP3s, CDs I'm happy, but I'm sure more time on here could convince me back to amps, subs, etc.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

you know it makes sence   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: