storage and subs

Started by Jap GT300, December 29, 2003, 12:25

Jap GT300

Heres an idea if you want to keep some storage space

Slacey

Nice job... who's car is that Adam?

I'm assuming it a US car as I would think the install is behind the drivers seat?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

problem with this is that they are only 6.5" subs and will not give much depth to the bass!

But not bad if you want to use them for mid range!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Jap GT300

It is from a US site but I don't think it is from a member of SC

Tem

Quote from: "Buster"problem with this is that they are only 6.5" subs and will not give much depth to the bass!

Those actually look like the very same sub that is used in UDSub. Most (if not all) seem more than happy with just one of those  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Jap GT300

Do you know what the spec of these subs are?  It looks like the cone could have a good amount of travel.

Tem

Quote from: "Jap GT300"Do you know what the spec of these subs are?

m http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/6w0.html m

GSB

Specs for the JL audio 6W0 - 4, as used in the UD subwoofer Jnr, which I'm sure I dont need to remind you, uses NO storage space at all...

See group buy post for further details etc.etc. hint-hint....  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

6WØ-4

Fs (free-air resonance):36.7 Hz
Qts (total speaker "Q"):0.477
Qes (electrical "Q"):0.503
Qms (mechanical "Q"):9.028
Vas (equivalent compliance): 0.342ft3 / 9.68  liters
Xmax (linear excursion one-way): 0.289 in. / 7.6mm
Efficiency (1W/1m)*: 81.6 dB
Sd (effective piston surface area): 20.9 in2 / 0.0135m2
Re (DC resistance): 3.42 Ω
Znom (nominal impedance): 4 Ω
Pt (continuous thermal power handling): 75 Watts

*Effi ciency (1W/1m) is not an accurate indicator of a subwoofer's output capability and should not be used as a
comparison to other subwoofers to determine which one is "louder"!
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "Buster"problem with this is that they are only 6.5" subs and will not give much depth to the bass!

Those actually look like the very same sub that is used in UDSub. Most (if not all) seem more than happy with just one of those  s;) ;) s;)

but they are making the best out of a bad situation and if i was going to rip holes in my bins and wanted bass i would go for 2*10"s not 3*6.5" as they can drop lower and handle more power   s8) 8) s8)

Jap GT300

ahhhh

Tem

Quote from: "Buster"i would go for 2*10"s not 3*6.5" as they can drop lower and handle more power   s8) 8) s8)

Now I don't know that much about audiostuff, but doesn't smaller sub has some advantages as well? Like keeping in pace with some fast bass, if you're into that kinda music...whatever the technical terms for that are  s:) :) s:)

Like I said, I'm no expert, but even good quality systems with big woofers make some songs sound...uhm...well, not their best  s8) 8) s8)  It sounds a bit like the woofer is always a bit behind and makes the bass seem "muffled". I never really noticed the problem before listening certain songs with small woofers. It's not a big problem, but now that I know of it, all my attention is always on it and it bothers me like an itch in the crack  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

youre right in what your talking about tem this is called Bottoming out and responce!

bottoming out is how quickly the sub and reporduce the same signal with out reaching the limits of teh voice coil

responce is how quickly the sub can repoduce diffrent Fq

you will never get the both in the same sub and this is why smaller subs are good at responce as these less air for them to move and there fore quicker get back to center where as the big subs can work less to rpoduce the same as a smaller sub would as they move more air but slower   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

hope that expalins so if you want good mid range i.e. fast mving bass go for smaller subs i.e. 6" to 8" and if you want low deep bass go for anyhting 10"-32"

Jap GT300

Where would you mount a 32"

Tem

Quote from: "Jap GT300"Where would you mount a 32"

Gotta buy a CRX for that  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

he he   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

or just remove the engine from the 2   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

filcee

Wouldn't it fit in the front?  (Might have to mod a few bits - how's your fibre-glassing coming on Buster?)
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Anonymous

need a hell of a lot of FG for that oh and it would proboly kill the bonet and way the front of the car down LOL   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tem

Quote from: "filcee"Wouldn't it fit in the front?  (Might have to mod a few bits - how's your fibre-glassing coming on Buster?)

Just guessing, but I'd say no...the width wouldn't be a problem, but the lenght of the front would (or should I say the lack of it)...

It's "only" 12" deep, so that shouldn't be a problem either:
 m http://www.audiobahninc.com/products/de ... ductsID=73 m

...and while we're at it, here's an amp and capacitor to match it  s8) 8) s8)
 m http://nexxon.com/dbdrag.htm m
 m http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/ezcompar ... sp?key=199 m

Anonymous

100 farad LOL   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   need some seriuos ampidge to drain that baby!

On the fack of putting subs in the front theres no point at all you would never be able to ehar them as the air it's moving is seal to the bonnet area unless you cut large holes for air to travel from cabbin to bonnet you could stick the biggest SUB in the world in the front and it would only sound as loud as a normally one in the bins behind !

Oh and one more thing if you vent the box and put the vents faceing you or around you, you will experince SQ rather than SPL ! just food for thought   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

how are you getting on with your fibre glass box buster???
need to start looking for bass units to go behind the passenger seat in the storage bins but dont really want to exceed £150.00.
decided that cost cutting is needed as spending to much on the car.

Anonymous

exams finish the week ending the 19th so i will so i will contiune after then sorry but it's my final year so it's quite important   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

you dont have to appologise,we all know how busy students work  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:D :D s:D

Tags: