17'' with same tyres all around..

Started by mrnik, January 15, 2008, 13:04

mrnik

I bought the car about 8months ago and it has 17'' with same tyres all around. I've read this is dangerous and that I need to get larger ones at the rear. I would first like to ask why is this a dangerous setup, and also how do I know if the rims will handle a wider size?

So far I have done a 180 spin only in the wet on the same very slippery road, and only because I overdid it when playing around at quite low speed in my neighborhood.

I haven't felt like panicking ever, but that might be because I'm extra careful coming from a front wheel drive car.

uktotty

Nik I would do a search first mate or the mods will tell you off.
Do a search for wheels and tyres

Anonymous

It's not so much the diameter you have to worry about, it is the relationship between the width is the concern, check this thread out - read to the end and it will explain the reasoning behind the comments / problems  m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19681 m

Thanks
Rob

mrnik

ok sorry, thanks for pointing to that thread! I'll continue there! Please feel free to lock or delete this thread!  s:) :) s:)

Wabbitkilla

[MOD] As requested   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  [/MOD]
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Tags: