Mirror, Mirror on the windscreen.....

Started by Anonymous, January 1, 2004, 22:06

Anonymous

Hi Everybody, just been pointed in your direction, wondered why there wasn't much interest in Mk IIIs at a certain other forum  s:) :) s:)  
My new baby (George) has the rear view mirror stuck in the middle of the windscreen. This is very inconvenient to say the least, I can see bog all out the back. Could anyone tell me if this is a fault or a feature? Should the mirror mounting be at the top of the windscreen or am I missing something.
  s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?  
Great site btw

Anonymous

twist the mirror around so that it hangs higher up this will get it out of your vision   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Welcome to the club   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Welcome to the site. Be sure out to check out Spyderchat where most of our American cousins reside and is another great board for info on the car.

If I recall the mirror has two swivel joints, one where it mounts to the screen and another behind the mirror itself so it has a fair amount of play in it.

L

Anonymous

This is what your after:

m http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=795 m

Basicly the mirror is on a double joint - you can push the whole mirror upwards from the joint at the windscreen so its pointing at the roof, and then adjust the mirror on the joint that is actually on the mirror part itself to point it back down... easy when you know!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Its something a whole load of us discovered on the Chelmsford Meet!.

Probably the most useful find ever!

Anonymous

Brilliant  s:D :D s:D  

Thanks everybody

Anonymous

excellent news! i had a bit of an attack of enthusiasm today and blitzed the interior of my baby, had read your posts about the mirror earlier today and can now confirm that I have successfully completed my first mod!!    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Anonymous

Well done mate! Its got to be one of the best really!

Anonymous

why thank you kind sir! i think my next "project" would have to be a little more ambitious - perhaps installing a particular window sticker (if i can get my mitts on one!)   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Q - markiii

Anonymous

thanks, will do.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "swp"why thank you kind sir! i think my next "project" would have to be a little more ambitious - perhaps installing a particular window sticker (if i can get my mitts on one!)   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

and set aside a couple of hours, to fit the bugger!!, can't find it but there was some tips posted somewhere on here  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Got Mark to do mine at JAE, they are fiddly, but look the poddles wotsits (stolen phrase).

Anonymous

thanks - but 3 Qs...

"mark" = markiii or mph?

JAE= ???

poddle= can't find this in my handbook!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

don't foget - I'm new to all this and have yet to learn the lingo!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Quote from: "swp"thanks - but 3 Qs...

"mark" = markiii or mph?

JAE= ???

don't foget - I'm new to all this and have yet to learn the lingo!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

mark = markiii  (mph = martin btw).

JAE = Japaenese Auto Extravaganza, a biiiiiig meet for all japanese cars, including ours every year near Northampton

poddle = poodle.

Comer

Quote from: "swp"thanks - but 3 Qs...

"mark" = markiii or mph?

JAE= ???

Markiii is Mark, MPH is Martin both admin chaps on here.

JAE = Japanese Auto Extravaganza, a big car event in July and a good meet for MR2ROC.  Have a search on here using JAE and your find plenty of info and photos of this years event.

Poddle = Poodle? I think   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Don't worry about the lingo on here but Busters posts are a challenge to read   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Welcome to the club.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

Check out my site for some good photos of JAE 2003

http://www.mr2-photos.co.uk/home_jae.htm

Anonymous

hi!  s:D :D s:D  just a quick question do you have to be invited to JAE or have any modifications done to your MR2 to be allowed to go.

Anonymous

Quote from: "FunkyMonkey"hi!  s:D :D s:D  just a quick question do you have to be invited to JAE or have any modifications done to your MR2 to be allowed to go.

Nope and Nope!   s:D :D s:D  You just turn up!

If your going to want to park on the club stand, its probably a good idea to post in a thread that will be done nearer the time to see how many people we expect... i can see with the amount of members we now have that JAE is probably going to be MASSIVE for us this year!

Anonymous

Thankyou very much good sir

mph

Quote from: "swp""mark" = markiii or mph?
Huh! Nice to see I'm that memorable   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

I only know you Martin cos of your reg place LOL!

Anonymous

(roadster)"Brilliant  s:D :D s:D  

Thanks everybody"

That IS brilliant, I'lll be trying that when I get home too!

Andy (Another newby with a Sable '2!)

Tags: