03 head unit - ariel up, with CD's only

Started by Anonymous, June 14, 2003, 23:14

Anonymous

Can you prevent the ariel going up when listening to CD's only in the 03 model (with RDS off). The 00-02 had no problem with this...

Anonymous

Yep on the remote in from the +12 V from the ingiton barrel at stage 2 set it to satge 1 and the on the input side of the h/u change over the feeds from th arial to the input in, this makes the airals stay down whne playing CD's and when the raios on it will extend up   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Slacey

Buster, can I achieve the same thing with my Sony CDX-CA900 H/U?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Have tryed this but had problems with trying to get it to go back up on radio, But i think i had a faulty unit to play around with.

I will bring my test gear with me and trace it on your if you dont mind!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Most oftewr market sony's have starnge power set up on power arials so you may need an adapotr from making the power to the motor to the arial change voltage which i think i have in the garage   s:?: :?: s:?:  

I can be done tho just needs to be looked at properly ! so JAE is the palce then   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Thanks for the info Buster. As I'm still waiting for my green '03 to arrive - it's difficult to visualise - do you have any diagrams?

Anonymous

The arial relay is behind the drivers Bin take out the trim and then you have a brown relay which has "toyota arial relay" printed on it, From memory i think thast its the blue and white striped wire that needs to be connected to the purple and brown wire on the 2nd part of teh loom on the h/u loom.

But on after market stero's the wire colour can varey so atr JAE i will cheack on slaceys   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Slacey

Yeah Buster, as long as it won't get blown up   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   you can do what you like with it. Also, have you had a chance to price up the replacement Focals and all the other bits I'll need yet?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Yep sorry havent got back to you but here the list:

Focals 165a = £130 inc dilvery
MDF rings = £10
Speaker wire 12 awg 3 meters = £20
Other bits and bobs = £20
Total = £180

Forgot if you wanted Dynomat ??? If you do will need 1 pack + a role of flashing tape = £40

It will take around 3-4 days to get all the gear in!

Let me know what you think   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Slacey

That sounds fine Buster - as for the Dynamat, do you think I need it? If so, I will have that too. When would you want to sort out getting this stuff? Now or closer to JAE?

Thanks again!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Its up to you dynomat make the spekers perform better and stops rattles. I will sort it out for you before JAE proboly start this week! i've got to pop to halfords to get some fiber glass anyway today so u will start picking up the stuff  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Slacey

Dynomat it is then - add it to the list my good man.
Cheers Buster   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

If you don't want the aerial to go up when you are playing a CD, surely you just turn AF , TA off? Or am I missing something?

Anonymous

AF/TA off works for me.  The aerial stays down when listening to CDs.

Anonymous

yeah that works with factory fit headunit im trying to work out for after market h/u's
good idea tho but never had that problem with my standard one any whayz

Anonymous

I have the sony MP40 H/U and turning AF/TA off whilst playing a CD brings the aerial back down - not sure about other non-sony models.

Tags: