Top 5 Components

Started by Anonymous, June 15, 2003, 13:01

Anonymous

Before you read this one read the coxails first explains a few things

Dont forget you will have to mount a seperate crossover in teh void of teh door and take out the old tweeter and this means that the tweeter will be a flush fit on the door card! (just so you know   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )
Again i have fitted these and heard these so this is how i rate them,

Magnat Bullpower 216

Kit includes a pair of high quality 165mm midrange with matching compact tweeters with crossovers. High power 70W RMS/140W Peak handling
at £50 you cant go wrong i like magnet's a lot and these perfom very well for the money good mid range and treb

MBQuart DSD216

6.5 inch (17cm) 'Discus' Series 2 way component speaker kit, clear crossovers with 3 tweeter level settings, 13mm tweeters, power handling 120W, crossover frequency 4500Hz
Nice speakers good all rounder and at £95 cant be bad! Treb a bit harsh for my liking but mid range super

Pioneer TS-E175C

6.5 inch (17cm) E-Motion Series 2-way Component Speaker Kit, 220W Power Handling, Titanium Dome Tweeters
Higher power handleing here good bass and treb but poor mid range but if powered from an amp would give improved mid range £95

Kenwood KFC-PSR71P

220W High Performance Package, 17cm Pearl Mica Woofer, 25mm Adjustable Hypernyl Dome Tweeters, Dual Mags, Competition Style Crossover Networks
Lots of people rate these But im not to sure   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   Good all rounder but nothing to shout about performs btter on mid range £135

Access Line -165A

165mm 2 Way Component with Grills .120Watt Max Power  
Best pick here by far i HAD these and well performed even under head unit power performs very well, i would highly recomend these £130

If money is burning a hole in your pocket (cough cough) then these are the babbies that will blow your socks off have the dogs howling and have the ladies   s8) 8) s8)  grining   s8) 8) s8)    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Focal 165-W

2-way separate system, possible bi-amplification, removable woofer grille included.165mm (6-1/2") midbass, 40mm (1-3/8") v.coil, 100mm (4") magnet. 2-way separate crossover with high-end components 24 dB/oct. (3 kHz) with adjustable levels. Max. power handling 200W  

Guess the price well good thing i have a student loan as these are £550

But they sound amazing   s8) 8) s8)    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Well enogth of that ! hope that this may help your dission in chossing the right speakers for you, If you have any questions then im always up for a challenge and the biggest speaker you can fit in the front door with completely riping the door apart are 12" subs But dont go there as it's trying to be done at the moment by JL Audio but i cant see it working personlly but who knows   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Any hope it helps   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

I have got a Pioneer DIN 2 head unit fitted, and am thinking of replacing the door speakers. So would you say that the Access 2 speakers would be about the best bet for the money? On its own, the unit kicks out 4 x 45W and sounds amazing, but is wasted on the standard fit speakers

Anonymous

yeah but depends on buget relay uder 100 go for the kenwoods but under 200 go for the focals all are plesent to the ear   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: