Finally got the TE37's fitted..

Started by aaronjb, April 5, 2008, 14:59

aaronjb

So after getting the right wheel nuts from Envy, making up spigot rings (out of three sets of spigot rings in various sizes, because nobody makes 65.1-54.1mm rings, it seems, even Rays) from  w www.dieseldub.co.uk w  ..

The old wheels came off (sorry occifer, I didn't realise you were meant to have tread):

The new wheels went on:

It also got a full alignment - front camber & toe and rear toe adjustment so it no longer sidesteps over every bump.. Unsurprising given the unequal (and large) toe settings front & rear really.. oops.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Nice mate.

scottish_turbo

looking good!

kanujunkie

that looks a bit better  s8) 8) s8)  or at least better than in the box they've sat in for ages

what camber and toe settings did you get done then Aaron?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

loadswine

Nice touch with the wheel nuts, like those.  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Liz

Rubs thighs - looks damn sexy - are they 15's or 16's?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

uktotty

Looks sexy Aaron.
So what else you got left to do now?

Jaik

Gorgeous, they're classic wheels that look good on just about everything!

enid_b

im loving those. there is something about white wheels that make me a little moist.

and those make me mighty moist.

good work aaron

J
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

northernalex

Look fantastic Aaron... very jelous.

What weight are they?

Alex
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Jaik

Quote from: "enid_b"I'm loving those. there is something about white wheels that make me a little moist.

and those make me mighty moist.

good work aaron

J
Que pun involving "16 inches"  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

SimonC_Here

They do look good on Aaron. Love the wheel nuts as well!

Simon

Liz

Yes I like Aarons blue nuts <sniggers>
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

It certainly looks the part - nice one Aaron - I think you will find his nuts will go lighter with age  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

One thing a forgot to ask - what have done with regard to lockers, the last thing you want is some scum bag making off with them????

aaronjb

Liz, I have some spare nuts if you'd like a feel  s;) ;) s;)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

To cover some of the questions (only a quick post, my folks are visiting at the moment):

They're 16x7 all round, fronts are running 205 tyres, rears running 225 - all Toyo T1-R.  The steering feels so much lighter now than it did with the 2003 wheels on.. 'course with the release agent still on the Toyos it's also a bit like driving on an ice rink  s:) :) s:)

On locking nuts - they're Rays locking nuts.. One nut on each wheel has seven unequal length sides and a spline locater, while the other three are normal six sided nuts.. not impossible to hammer a socket on, of course - but then you can do that with most other locking nuts anyway  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

kanujunkie

Quote from: "northernalex"What weight are they?

lets just say a piece of paper has more weight, they're sodding light
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "aaronjb"They're 16x7 all round, fronts are running 205 tyres, rears running 225 - all Toyo T1-R.  

Stock dimensions are 3 units sizes staggered. Limiting only to 2 will that affect driving? Why didnt you put 195 instead of 205?

The wheels look very nice !! Great choice!

Jaik

Quote from: "SimosSpyder"
Quote from: "aaronjb"They're 16x7 all round, fronts are running 205 tyres, rears running 225 - all Toyo T1-R.  

Stock dimensions are 3 units sizes staggered. Limiting only to 2 will that affect driving? Why didnt you put 195 instead of 205?

The wheels look very nice !! Great choice!
Stock dimensions on pre-03 cars are 185 and 205. However, all stock wheels are staggered in width so the actual difference on the 16x7s will be a little less than stock.

Tem

Great wheels Aaron!  s;) ;) s;)

Quote from: "northernalex"What weight are they?

Depends a bit from the ET, but they weight 5.1kg with ET35. Yes, Volk actually quotes the weights for every diameter/width/ET combination.  s8) 8) s8)

How do I know? I have the same set myself.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Wabbitkilla

Looking verrrrry nice Aaron.

White goes with the blue car great - didn't realise that. Keep up the good work.  s8) 8) s8)
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

heathstimpson

Your toy is looking very nice indeedy Aaron  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

aaronjb

Quote from: "Tem"Depends a bit from the ET, but they weight 5.1kg with ET35. Yes, Volk actually quotes the weights for every diameter/width/ET combination.  s8) 8) s8)

These are ET42, but yeah - they're extremely light.. which seems to have made the car a lot more nimble than it was with the stock 03 wheels on (even with the alignment fixed).

I'll post up my alignment specs later - suffice to say at the beginning I had huge rear toe-in, too much front toe-in, uneven camber and toe all round.. no wonder it handled like a bag of nails  s;) ;) s;)

I went quite conservative on the camber at the front - mostly because the old fella at the tyre place didn't want to set them to 'out of spec', so they're right at the upper range of spec (1°20') static camber.

northernalex

I want some  s:) :) s:)

Alex
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

aaronjb

I'm kinda on the lookout for some in 17x8 to make a proper staggered set of wheels.. so if I find a set, I could make two sets and sell the other set, Alex  s;) ;) s;)

northernalex

Quote from: "aaronjb"I'm kinda on the lookout for some in 17x8 to make a proper staggered set of wheels.. so if I find a set, I could make two sets and sell the other set, Alex  s;) ;) s;)

hmmm  s:) :) s:)

Alex
evileye_xc said:

Tags: