Finally got the TE37's fitted..

Started by aaronjb, April 5, 2008, 14:59

aaronjb

Quote from: "Jaik"
Quote from: "SimosSpyder"Stock dimensions are 3 units sizes staggered. Limiting only to 2 will that affect driving? Why didnt you put 195 instead of 205?

The wheels look very nice !! Great choice!
Stock dimensions on pre-03 cars are 185 and 205. However, all stock wheels are staggered in width so the actual difference on the 16x7s will be a little less than stock.

Sorry - I forgot to reply to this bit..

Jaik is right - in fact, the stagger has probably been reduced quite considerably since the 205's are stretched to their maximum allowable width, and the 225's are squeezed onto their minimum allowable width.

I've found that with all of the other suspension modifications and the alignment I was running that I was getting understeer with the 2003-on size wheels that I had, but with the wider fronts on I'm getting no understeer at all.

It almost certainly will have shifted the balance toward the front (making it a bit more tail happy), but I quite like it that way  s;) ;) s;)  not to sound big-headed, but I think 4 years of mid engine, and 2 years of powerful FR cars before that trained me fairly well.

Of course, now I've gone and said that, I'll probably stick the car into a ditch backwards tomorrow....

[edit] Oh yeah - I forgot the reason I went with those sizes  s;) ;) s;)  I got them cheap as a set of four off another member here (new and unused).. really, that's the only reason.  But having done it, I'm very pleased with how the balance of the car has worked out.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

aaronjb

Quote from: "kanujunkie"that looks a bit better  s8) 8) s8)  or at least better than in the box they've sat in for ages

Yeah - I have space in my shed now!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I can almost get to the bodykit that's languishing behind them.. next job is the MOT, though.

Quotewhat camber and toe settings did you get done then Aaron?

So I said I'd come back to this.

Front

Initial      Final
Left Camber    -1°23'     -1°20'
Right Camber        -1°52'     -1°23'

Left Toe            -0°01'      0°06'
Right Toe           -0°47'      0°06'

Rear

Left Camber         -1°24'     -1°28'
Right Camber        -1°16'     -1°21'

Left Toe             0°29'      0°10'
Right Toe            0°34'      0°10'

Thrust Angle        -0°02'      0°00'

As you can see, my front camber started out pretty uneven - although not too bad - and was evened up to close to the top end of the stock specifications.  I could probably run quite a bit more camber actually - I have more at the rear than the front right now!

The front toe was horrendous with (I think that's) toe out, big uneven toe out in fact!  And is now set almost neutral - turn in is much sharper.

Rear camber is fixed so that's settled - it changed as a result of sorting then..

Abysmal rear toe settings  s;) ;) s;)

So there you have it..  as an aside - ProTyre in Slough have a brand new alignment machine.  It's recessed into the floor so that even a car with it's bumper scraping the ground can get onto it as there's no rise or drop at all.  Very neat.

Plus I got to poke around under the car and help out  s;) ;) s;)  but only because there was nobody else there - and I've been going there for 8 years so..  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

Chris

hmm, the second white wheeled roadster i've seen tonight - maybe a trend is starting....  Although I think the white wheels look more cohesive on damon's black one, just seemed to pickout the side & headlights better...

Those tyres were worse than mine after Martin had finished them off at Keevil!!   s:D :D s:D
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

aaronjb

I do think mine now needs something.. it's not aggressive enough to really pull off white wheels as it stands.  I should really get around to getting that kit fitted..

Tags: