Alarm and deadlocks

Started by Anonymous, April 8, 2008, 13:59

Anonymous

Hi all, just lately my car has started not responing to the key fobs. Both fobs are affected which leads me to assume that its not a battery problem. I have read a couple of posts about interference but my question is how do i get the car to unlock because the dead locks are on?

cheers Dan

kanujunkie

not sure you can withought it being disarmed
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Wabbitkilla

It can be disarmed without using the fob - but i can't remember the method.

Give your local Mr T a call and they can tell you how to do it.
Something about putting the key in the ignition and having the doors open.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

but how do you get the deadlock open to get the the ignition?

Wabbitkilla

Key in door - unlocks door, deadlock or not  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

Anonymous

thankyou, im at workm, cars at home with the girlfriend worried that she cannot open the door. Am i right in saying that unlock door, alarm will sound turn key in ignition and alarm should stop? im pretty sure if she takes it for a drive and retries the alarm it will be fine.

Wabbitkilla

I'm saying, using the key in the door will let you in.
You will be able to start the car as the alarm doesn't disable the engine - the immobiliser is separate.

The method to stop the alarm whingeing is best found out by calling a Toyota garage and asking for advice.

I'm not going to post in the public domain how you disable the alarm (even if i could remember exactly), talk to Toyota - they'll be helpful once you've explained the problem, the MR2 isn't the only Toyota to suffer this little quirk.

It's deceptively easy once you know, don't panic.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

thanks for your help.   s:) :) s:)

Tags: