can MG TF Exhaust fit MR2

Started by zaf786, April 14, 2008, 21:16

zaf786

I was just wondering if the MG exhaust will or can be made to fit on to an mr2, as it looks a bit similar to the twin exit mr2 exhausts.

Just a thought...

kanujunkie

anything can be made to but its not worth the grief of hacking one up and haveing to weld it back together, by the time your done you may as well just buy one thats designed for a 2
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

zaf786

i understand that theres a lot of hassle and hard work involved, but would it work with the mr2 as in pressure from the engine, if you get where i'm coming from, its a bit hard to explain, as i don't fully understand myself.

spit

I believe it would work, as the bore of the '2s single exit isn't exactly huge and would be a match for small twins of the MG.

But its quite a leap of faith as to how it would affect performance, and as Stu says better to go for something that we know works well. Some nice twin 'wheelbarrow' and centre-exit 'binoculars' around at the moment (Yep, I'm not very techy either!)
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

kanujunkie

well from a pressure point of view it'll be fine but you'll need to bend up new pipe, buy new flanges, and of course weld on new hangers just to get it to fit, basically its not worth it
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

zaf786

Thanks for clearing that up guys.

cheers

zaf

custardavenger

Just got a Janspeed from them Direct for 350. If you like the look and lots of noise?
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

Tags: