Which wing to order?

Started by Anonymous, January 7, 2004, 09:33

Anonymous

would like to order a wing before I go on holiday in few weeks, I have it down to two at the mo

"in your face (see something for your dosh) but might be too 'in your face' for the short stumpy lines of the two...or

similar to veili and not so 'race' orientated

thoughts ?

zud

The second one gets my vote.  The first is too angular (imho) compared with the curves of the '2.  It looks a bit too "bolted on" for me.

Or maybe its just that the car in the second picture is such a nice colour   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Anonymous

I do like the first one but I do wonder if it will be too much ? The 'two' is quite stumpy/squat sideways on and a higher spoiler may serve to emphasize this and take away from the sports car lines?

saying that some cars suit the high metal wing look that you wouldnt have expected them to

Anonymous

I prefer the second... though I wouldn't go for having the exhaust coming out either side of the number plate.

heathstimpson

I think the second looks better; the first is a bit too much in my opinion.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

I dont like the way the second one hangs around the lights like that... but i think its better than the first one.

Jap GT300

I was also contemplating one of these two.  I also had in mind the TRD stage 1 spoiler or a Carbon GT style wing from a racing GT300.

This one is a copy by Essex Racing but in only £250 and made from CF.  The original is £850 and the trial and wings west versions are both £1000.  I don't think I could justify that sort of cost.

Anonymous

i do like the second one but the only off putting thing is that it is mounted on the bumper rather than the tailgate and speaking from past ventures with wings the downforce is is rather strong.to the point that my original wing bent my tailgate.i would personally go for the first one due to the more sturdy mounting points.besides it will make the car stand out more.
have a look on here http://www.spoilers.com/wings/toymr200.htm
for more ideas.  s:D :D s:D
i was originally looking at no.26.

Tem

The C-ONE actually looks pretty nice when you see the whole car. I'd give you some pics, but  w www.cardomain.com w  isn't working right now..
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "jonboy"past ventures with wings the downforce is is rather strong

Many of these wings are almost entirely cosmetic. Note we're in the "Appearance" forum   s:) :) s:)  

(Not that there's anything wrong with an appearance-only wing, if that's your thing...)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"The C-ONE actually looks pretty nice when you see the whole car. I'd give you some pics, but  w www.cardomain.com w  isn't working right now..

mmm visibility might be a problem?

Tem

I used to droll over ipittythefoo's car:
 m http://community.webshots.com/album/52956716wGvYrj m
(the red one in the first pics)

More pics here, if it ever works:
 m http://members.cardomain.com/ipittythefoo m

Anonymous

i did put it on for just the appearance but the performance side made me take it off.  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

IMHO go with the first one if you have a hardtop most of the time, second one if you soft-top only.

I also reckon you would need to go the extra mile with some side skirts etc to make it look different and then the spoiler fits in visually as part of a package. I do agree with Tem that ipitythefool's looks pretty good - maybe its the red colour.

Anonymous

I like number 1.
As jonboy says, he likes number 26, so do I, as It happens I have number 84.
  s:idea: :idea: s:idea:  If we are playing a numbers game, nah, forget it, I'll only get a post saying I'm lowering the tone, but can you guess what I was going to say  s:?: :?: s:?:  

I also agree your second choice would give you all kinds of probs if you needed to do maintenace or like, would always be in your way.

But as we say 'your car, your choice'
Post a pic when you have made your choice and installed.

Anonymous

what price have you been given for the c-one and were you thinking of getting it from????its a choice between the c-one or number 26 for me,just a ? of price and avaiablity now.

Anonymous

C-One £379 inc delivery, delivery 3-5 weeks from 'Tune A Car'  (Celica club sponsor)

Havnt got hard top, and it is to go with my full trial kit

Anonymous

what about fitting costs.i am finding very few bodyshops in my area to fit a spoiler for me at a reasonable price.1 garage/bodyshop wanted £250 just to paint and fit which i thought was stupid.
this was what my first attempt looked like but the mounting points were not strong enoughhttp://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=1010
scroll down and its the silver one with the chrome alloys,you cant miss it.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s8) 8) s8)    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

I'll be fitting it myself, the guy I use for spraying (he did the full respray on my celi) has charged me £200 to spray the trial kit (2 x bumpers and 2 skirts) as I've given him a lot of business, so spraying the wing would probs be about £50

your ali wing is a hell of a size drag wise so any fixing points would be under great stress, I would have probs gone for steel plates on the under side with a tiger seal gasket layer top and bottom.

If you ever want a hand fixing a new wing on, just give us a shout matey  :-) :-) :-)

lurve the wheels by the way, similar to the 18" konig imagines I had on the celi

Anonymous

Quote from: "perry190"your ali wing is a hell of a size drag wise so any fixing points would be under great stress, I would have probs gone for steel plates on the under side with a tiger seal gasket layer top and bottom.

The man has a good point.  Could well not have been lift or downforce that caused your damage, just drag trying to rip it off the back of the car.

Either way, lessons learned I guess.

Anonymous

yes it was but i got my money back more or less when i sold it on.i will def give u a call or pm you.just waiting for a price on the skyline style one.

Anonymous

please do matey  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Is it this one?

if it is then its £220 inc vat from http://www.karma-import.com/catalogue.php?make=Toyota&model=MRS

havnt used them before tho so cant quote on quality or service

Tem

Quote from: "Tem"More pics here, if it ever works:
 m http://members.cardomain.com/ipittythefoo m

Seems to work now...with the softtop:

Anonymous

it looks the same but the side panels look different.not a bad price either.gonna get my exhaust done first then save up and hopefully decide which one i want.

Anonymous

I would prefer the wings made by TTE or the ones made by TRD. I think also that they have more time of development in a wind tunnel.

Tags: