How to host pictures on MR2ROC

Started by Anonymous, April 24, 2008, 13:37

Anonymous

*EDIT* 07/2017 - N.B. Photobucket is no longer free, to host and share pictures on an external forum, such as MR2ROC, you must have the paid service

It is not possible to host a pic. on the site directly from your computer, first you must upload your pics. to a hosting site such as photobucket or Flickr. (These are free to join and use.)

Here is the link to Photobucket sign up page.

The instructions on the site are clear and easy to use, but basically you create an album name, then upload your pic. or pics. into that album.

Click on 'choose files.' This will open up your desktop, documents or pictures on your pc, navigate to the pic. that you want to upload and double left click on the pic. which will then automatically upload to your photobucket album.

Once uploaded you will have this,

Your pic here.

PICT0090.jpg
Email & I'm  code
Direct Link   code
HTML Code  code
IMG Code    code

Now simply highlight the bottom line of img code, highlighted in large type,  by left clicking on it, the message copied will appear.
Now go to the thread on MR2ROC on which you wish to show your pic, right click and select paste, a line of code will appear which when you submit your post will turn into your picture!

Job done.

uktotty

Just to add to this if you dont not wish to set up an account, register, login etc.
You can go to http://www.tinypic.com add one or 2 pics and use the same methods as above.

Anonymous

Do these instructions apply to posting pics in the garage as i'm having difficulty posting a photo.
Thanks

kanujunkie

they apply to any posted pictures
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

spit

Quote from: "kanujunkie"they apply to any posted pictures

I was led to believe that we host a limited number of garage pictures ourselves through upload feature ... and its only pictures in regular thread posts that need to be hosted elsewhere and linked via [img].

I may be wrong  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

markiii

pictures in library artciles are hosted on site
pictures in teh garage are hosted on site
pictures in threads are not
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Wabbitkilla

But there is also the option in the garage to host your pictures offsite, for both main pictures and modification pictures. That is a more straight forward method to the pictures in the forum though and pretty self explanatory when you see it.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

SimonC_Here

Just a note, at the bottom of the Post page, there are 4 check boxes you have to make sure the one marked

Disable BBCode in this post

is NOT checked

Simon

Anonymous

Under the pic there are 4 lines of code, copy and paste the bottom one, marked img into your post.

amz91

Quote from: "nelix"It is not possible to host a pic. on the site directly from your computer, first you must upload your pics. to a hosting site such as photobucket or Flickr. (These are free to join and use.)

Here is the link to Photobucket sign up page.

The instructions on the site are clear and easy to use, but basically you create an album name, then upload your pic. or pics. into that album.

Click on 'choose files.' This will open up your desktop, documents or pictures on your pc, navigate to the pic. that you want to upload and double left click on the pic. which will then automatically upload to your photobucket album.

Once uploaded you will have this,

Your pic here.

PICT0090.jpg
Email & I'm  code
Direct Link   code
HTML Code  code
IMG Code    code

Now simply highlight the bottom line of img code, highlighted in large type,  by left clicking on it, the message copied will appear.
Now go to the thread on MR2ROC on which you wish to show your pic, right click and select paste, a line of code will appear which when you submit your post will turn into your picture!

Job done.
im following these instructions but its not letting me post still, saying url invalid  s:( :( s:(
Blue 2000 pfl roadster, gutted pre cats, The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings, Markii pipe, devs door sills, MR2 leather armrest, JDM bonnet badge, sp body brace, edge speakers, powder coated alloys, Vogtland lowering springs, ROC drop links, EBC brake pads, toyo proxes, FL side vents, FL door arms, FL control unit... more to follow \":)\"

skidmark

How about onedrive ?

My phone uploads there and my PC syncs as well.

It can generate the code and resize.

Heres a pic of my BM I just sold thats on there.

EDDI160783

Hi new to all this forum bizz how do you sort your avatar/profile pic cos i keep trying and still no luck thanks

shnazzle

Quote from: "EDDI160783"Hi new to all this forum bizz how do you sort your avatar/profile pic cos i keep trying and still no luck thanks
Hi EDDI. Welcome!

Click on your name on the top right of the screen and select User Control Panel. Then go to the Profile tab. You'll see a button for edit avatar.
In there you can add an external link to an image.

.. I should add image hosting for this.. Hmm.. I'll get on it tonight or tomorrow
...neutiquam erro.

EDDI160783

Great thanks i,ll give it a go later does it have to be off the net ie like photo bucket or can it be on your computer? Sorry again for all the questions just newbie lol

shnazzle

Quote from: "EDDI160783"Great thanks i,ll give it a go later does it have to be off the net ie like photo bucket or can it be on your computer? Sorry again for all the questions just newbie lol
Currently its off the net only. But what I meant by my last line is that I'll try to activate image hosting on the forum so that you can upload an image from your computer.
Having said that, the latter is sometimes more complicated because of the size restrictions of an avatar. You'd have to make or resize a picture to 80x80
...neutiquam erro.

EDDI160783

ok no worries thanks.

shnazzle

I've enabled avatar uploading. So you can upload an image from your PC, as long as it max 65kb and max 80x200 pixels
...neutiquam erro.

OldRedCelica

Photobucket is no longer free. By charging now, it's had a huge impact on forums of all types.
Owned a few Toyotas, still own a few. Known around the interweb as Old Red Celica. Heinz our TF300 is named that because he\'s number 057.  MR2 is technically Mrs Old Red\'s, but she does FB, I do forums.

Bernie

You can use the App Tapatalk and download direct into posts
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

The Other Stu

Imgur allows you to host by uploading or simple copy and paste or even drag'n'drop!
No Longer Here

MR Roadie 2

Just wondering if this needs updated?.
I normally run most of my post via a iphone. Like most members I did upload most of my photos from photobucket. However as this app can no long be used, what is the best way to up load photos to the forum via iPhones and android phones.
2000 silver, Red leather seats, A/C.
Mods so far- 2005 Engine, Hankook tyres, Goodridge braided lines, EBC Greenstuff, Matt Performance brace, FL front brace, Yellowspeed coilovers, Custom quad exhaust + toyo manifold, markiii pipe, K&N Panel filter, TRD side skirts, rear spats, rear spoiler.

2006 Silver SP240 Turbo, red & black seats & red/black steering wheel, hardtop, ac, Halo DRL/Fog lights,

shnazzle

It does indeed. Photobucket needs to be avoided like the plague.

Imgur is popular. The forum does accept uploads as attachments.
...neutiquam erro.

MR Roadie 2

Quote from: shnazzle on February  4, 2018, 20:07
It does indeed. Photobucket needs to be avoided like the plague.

Imgur is popular. The forum does accept uploads as attachments.

Thank you Patrick! 😁
2000 silver, Red leather seats, A/C.
Mods so far- 2005 Engine, Hankook tyres, Goodridge braided lines, EBC Greenstuff, Matt Performance brace, FL front brace, Yellowspeed coilovers, Custom quad exhaust + toyo manifold, markiii pipe, K&N Panel filter, TRD side skirts, rear spats, rear spoiler.

2006 Silver SP240 Turbo, red & black seats & red/black steering wheel, hardtop, ac, Halo DRL/Fog lights,

Tags: