Wanted Hardtop

Started by Anonymous, January 10, 2004, 19:18

Anonymous

Would like to buy my girlfriend a hardtop ,any colour doesn't matter.pls send private mess if anyone has one they dont want birthday on 22nd jan.would make good present

Anonymous

There's usually a few going on eBay so it might be worth looking there...

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

there is a silver one advertised in this weeks auto trader for £695 but it doesnt say whether you get the fitting kit.let me know if you want the number?  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

yes would like number please..thanks

Tem

keirv, I'm not sure if you already know that you need additional parts to get the hardtop on the car. If you get just the hardtop, you can't get it on the car.

Here's a good read about it:
 m http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=697 m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

kanujunkie

i have a list of parts if you want them, just PM me
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Don't come much cheaper than this...................

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... gory=10428 m

Anonymous

think i will put a bid or 10 in for that!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Does'nt mention about a fixing kit, or have I missed it  s:!: :!: s:!:

Anonymous

no it doesnt, but i can buy that... researched it enough!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

It looks like he sells quite a few hard tops... Ill see how high it goes, but seeing as he will spray it the colour of your choice, it cant be bad.

Anonymous

What's the cheapest fixing kit you have found and where from:?:

Lets hope there are'nt to many bidders bumping the price up  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

I managed to get it down to under £200 from my local dealer, but thats if i cut my rear panels myself (well, get markiii to do it for me!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ).

<edit> FYI: i asked the seller if it would come with the fitting kit, he said "no" </edit>

heathstimpson

There are no secret ebay items on this forum; damn  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

I have just phoned the guy selling this top on eBay, he wants £600+ minimum or he's not playing and will sell it from his garage. He said it cost him more than £500.
This would then be a £700+ hard top.
By the way it is off a 'X' reg 03.

Anonymous

Quote from: "David Watson"By the way it is off a 'X' reg 03.
Have you got this right  s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:    s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

oh in that case it aint worth it.... however he aint set a reserve price and has not said that he will pull out early and sell it somewhere else so i would like to see what he did if it didnt reach that amount!

Anonymous

Good point kris  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Sorry 01 MR2.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "David Watson"Sorry 01 MR2.
When I sent him a note because I wanted to know if it was the same silver as a '03 he told me it was off a 02  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:  

By the way does anyone know when Toyota changed the Silver colour on the 2's  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

01/02 same colour.

Anonymous

So who is it that keeps outbidding me then?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"So who is it that keeps outbidding me then?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

It's probably him   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  If I were you I wouldn't put in any more bids yet (there are 5 days left). Wait a bit, then start bidding. Play the game and keep the price as low as you can until the last minute or so.

Anonymous

yeah i did think that - i wasnt going to do any more for the moment... i have a limit in mind, if it goes over that then i will simply wait till another comes on the market - im not desperate for one.   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Just so you guys know, i wont be bidding any more on this one so if anyone else wants it, get in there just before it ends.

Tem

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"he aint set a reserve price and has not said that he will pull out early and sell it somewhere else so i would like to see what he did if it didnt reach that amount!

Register another account and make a £1000 bid from that and then "sell" it to himself...no one will ever know, sometimes I get the feeling many do that all the time in local net auctions (same pretty rare items appearing from same guy several times, even after being sold). And while being at it, give yourself some positive feedback  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: