OBD code reader question.

Started by Anonymous, July 14, 2008, 14:39

Anonymous

I have the engine management light on on the bike. This should put the bike into limp home mode but the bike is running perfectly.
I have plugged in my code reader to the diagnostic port on the bike, its the same fitting, but i get no power to the code reader, does anyone know if this means the code reader is simply incompatible? I put crash protectors on the bike last week which involved drilling through the frame, there was wiring behind the frame on one side which i was sure i held out of the way whilst drilling. Is it possible i have nicked a wire causing the light to come on and preventing the code reader from getting power.
Any thoughts welcome before i have to take the bike into the shop, bend over and recive a royal shafting of my posterior.  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

Wabbitkilla

My code reader takes batteries as well as using the port power, so maybe some ports don't supply power?

Betting on P0141   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Tags: