Main Wiring Loom on Cars built 1/2000 - 8/2002

Started by normanh, September 30, 2008, 11:57

StuM

Quote from: "edward.carter"going to print the one off here and take that with me too, as the one they posted seems to have missed off the " free valet and top up your fuel"  s:) :) s:)

Good point!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:D :D s:D
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

SimonC_Here

Mine arrived Yesterday as well. I guess it's an Oxford thing!

aaronjb

Quote from: "kentsmudger"
Quote from: "Chris_h"I was called by my dealer ....
Seems the wire can chafe and cause fire - not that we have heard of any.....

I cant be bothered taking my car in for that

Could cause a fire in my car?   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:     s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Dealer offering to sort it free? At a time of my choosing?   s:) :) s:)  

- Nah, I can't be bothered either   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Got to be honest, I haven't taken mine in either - mostly because I don't want them to 'test drive' my car and promptly wrap it round a tree.

I trust dealers that little.

I did get the letter, though - a month or two after the original post.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "kentsmudger"
Quote from: "Chris_h"I was called by my dealer ....
Seems the wire can chafe and cause fire - not that we have heard of any.....

I cant be bothered taking my car in for that

Could cause a fire in my car?   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:     s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Dealer offering to sort it free? At a time of my choosing?   s:) :) s:)  

- Nah, I can't be bothered either   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Got to be honest, I haven't taken mine in either - mostly because I don't want them to 'test drive' my car and promptly wrap it round a tree.

I trust dealers that little.

I did get the letter, though - a month or two after the original post.

I'm a little worried about that too.
Although slightly hoping they will only gently bang the front bumper and have to replace it for me. I still haven't got it repainted!

I guess I'll get them to do the brake master cylinder at the same time.

Simon

Anonymous

Don't forget there's a little incentive with this recall, I got £15 worth of fuel, not a great deal I know but still something for basically nothing   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  and it's not a biggie that involves road testing, just a quick visit and inspection in the workshop with any necessary adjustment then away you go.

StuM

Quote from: "Les"Don't forget there's a little incentive with this recall, I got £15 worth of fuel, not a great deal I know but still something for basically nothing   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  and it's not a biggie that involves road testing, just a quick visit and inspection in the workshop with any necessary adjustment then away you go.

Hi Les,

Did your letter mention the fuel top-up, or was it just a pleasant surprise on the day?

Cheers,
Stu
Stu M

Anonymous

Quote from: "StuM"
Quote from: "Les"Don't forget there's a little incentive with this recall, I got £15 worth of fuel, not a great deal I know but still something for basically nothing   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  and it's not a biggie that involves road testing, just a quick visit and inspection in the workshop with any necessary adjustment then away you go.

Hi Les,

Did your letter mention the fuel top-up, or was it just a pleasant surprise on the day?

Cheers,
Stu

Hi Stu

Check out my post at the beginning of this thread in the attached letter with the paragraph "Customer support package"   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    HERE

aaronjb

No such section in my letter - and I'm aware it doesn't require road testing, but you can bet that will happen anyway if the car is left with them.

And based on how long it took them to pop a plastic popper back in (three hours!) once, this would be an all-day job at my local dealer.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

edward.carter

Quote from: "aaronjb"No such section in my letter
Nor mine, so im printing that and taking that with me also  s:) :) s:)

StuM

Quote from: "Les"Hi Stu

Check out my post at the beginning of this thread in the attached letter with the paragraph "Customer support package"   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    HERE

Thanks Les - could only view the pic by saving locally and re-opening for some reason.  Now read!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Will be interesting to hear if you have any luck Edward.

Thanks
Stu
Stu M

edward.carter

I shall let you know (when i get round to booking it in  s:) :) s:) )

Anonymous

Quote from: "edward.carter"
Quote from: "aaronjb"No such section in my letter
Nor mine, so Im printing that and taking that with me also  s:) :) s:)

It wasn't an actual letter but a copy of a personal email I received from Toyota GB   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

philster_d

aaron is right I have long since been too scared to ever take my car back to the main dealer for fear of them sticking it through the wall of the garage or something.

SteveJ

Quote from: "philster_d"aaron is right I have long since been too scared to ever take my car back to the main dealer for fear of them sticking it through the wall of the garage or something.

Dont think there is any danger of that - your car never seems to keep running long enough  s;) ;) s;)

philster_d

ooooo get you.

At least at the moment yours can keep up.   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

uktotty

So after ringing MrT and being told "if you havent got a letter, your car isnt affected" I get a letter YESTERDAY telling me to bring my car in to check my wiring!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "uktotty"So after ringing MrT and being told "if you havent got a letter, your car isnt affected" I get a letter YESTERDAY telling me to bring my car in to check my wiring!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Where are you going Russ? Reading? Or is there one in Newbury. I don't fancy the Oxford one after watching one of them trying for 5 minutes to work out how to open the bonnet.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Simon

uktotty

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"
Quote from: "uktotty"So after ringing MrT and being told "if you havent got a letter, your car isnt affected" I get a letter YESTERDAY telling me to bring my car in to check my wiring!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Where are you going Russ? Reading? Or is there one in Newbury. I don't fancy the Oxford one after watching one of them trying for 5 minutes to work out how to open the bonnet.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Simon

Slough I think Si, called RCS900
Might give them a go.

ekimq

Quote from: "uktotty"
Quote from: "SimonC_Here"

Simon

Slough I think Si, called RCS900
Might give them a go.

*Poof* RCS900 evaporated before Christmas, along with Browns in High Wycombe. Apparently they were related. Octagon in Reading also have a branch in Bracknell, just off the Wokingham junction of the 329M.
Mike
The sun is out, get your top off!

StuM

Hi All,

My 2 is booked in at Inchcape Guildford for this recall work.  They said it takes 3 hours(!) - the letter said 1 hour..   s:? :? s:?  

Given this, I am having to pay £10 (+VAT) for a loan car.  Shame really, I'll end up out of pocket by getting recall work done, which doesn't seem right to me.  Wonder if they'll top up with fuel - I doubt it somehow.

Disgruntled of Surrey
  s:( :( s:(
Stu M

MR2 New Boy

I had mine done last week, it took less than a hour and they did top up the fuel.

Anonymous

Quote from: "StuM"Hi All,

My 2 is booked in at Inchcape Guildford for this recall work.  They said it takes 3 hours(!) - the letter said 1 hour..   s:? :? s:?  

If it's anything like my previous experiences with Inchcape Toyota at Guildford you'll go back there after three hours only to be told, "We'll just be starting on that one next".

After the second time it happened I won't touch them with a bargepole now.

StuM

Quote from: "Moleshome"
Quote from: "StuM"Hi All,

If it's anything like my previous experiences with Inchcape Toyota at Guildford you'll go back there after three hours only to be told, "We'll just be starting on that one next".

After the second time it happened I won't touch them with a bargepole now.

Thanks for that.  I'll definately ring up before leaving to pick it up now.

Cheers,
Stu M

SimonC_Here

Pleasently surprised today.

Took the car to the Oxford Toyota today, yes, in all the snow, after originally booking it in last Thursday.
Before the original booking, I receved a call from them saying tehy had checked my car an it also needed the brake master cylinder check as well so could I leave it all day with them.
They didn't have a loan car so I couldn't do it. They booked me in for this week and organised a car for me.

Got there this morning amongst all the snow to find them discussing how many of their people would make it in today.
Still, got my car booked in, mentioned the turbo and the oil leak I've got and told them not to worry about it.
Picked up the car (1ltr Aygo urrgg) and set off. They offered me the lower £50 excess (standard is £1000) for £10 which I took but they didn't actually charge me for in the end.

Got a call just before lunch saying all was well and I could go and pick it up again.

They had even valeted it inside and out.

Bonus.

Simon

roger

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Got there this morning amongst all the snow to find them discussing how many of their people would make it in today.

Obviously more staff than customers   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Tags: