The Sony head unit model number......

Started by Anonymous, June 20, 2003, 09:02

GSB

I had a "stealth" Kenwood Mask HU in my last car, until some toe rag broke in a nd ripped it out of the dashboard. Now I take my face plate with me EVERY time I get out of the car. Nothing like having your car broken into to cure that little bit of laziness...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

darrenjuggins

Hi All,

Thanks to Kris (cheers mate) I can now show you the images...   s:D :D s:D  

Hope you find these useful, excuse the leg   s:D :D s:D  

Cheers

Darren J
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

nice stereo mate!   s:D :D s:D

darrenjuggins

Hi Kris,

Not bad for £139 is it  s;-) ;-) s;-)  inc remote.....

Darren
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

So what make is that then?

darrenjuggins

Hi Kris,

Sony unit, single Din, plays MP3, CD-R's (Recorded at fast speeds upto 24 speed tried so far) plus it says it plays CD-RW but i havent tried them yet..... oh and of course normal Orginal CD's   s:D :D s:D  

you get about 12 albums per CD in MP3 format which can't be bad.

Sound quailty is very good... I've had them all Alpine, Pioneer, Sony, Panasonic and it's equally as good as any of them.

hope this helps

Darren
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

I will change the stereo when i get more money, but im looking at a flip out screen type one... maybe so i can have sat nav in case i get lost on my way to the shops...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

filcee

Darren,

Looks very nice, your stereo.  Good enough to almost make me want to have a go ....   s:) :) s:)  

The first step is to find the right piece of kit ... which won't be for a while yet as I'm off on my hols next week.  I'm definitely keen to go the MP3 route, as I don't want to give up the storage bins for a 'changer - I'll only have to take it out about twice a week when I'm away for work, which kind of defeats the object, really.

I'll let you know how I get on ...

filcee
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Chris

Quote from: "GSB"I had a "stealth" Kenwood Mask HU in my last car, until some toe rag broke in a nd ripped it out of the dashboard.

I've never liked stealth headunits for this very reason - anyone in the know knows that the whole working hu is still there ready for the taking...   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

QuoteNow I take my face plate with me EVERY time I get out of the car. Nothing like having your car broken into to cure that little bit of laziness...

I used to do this as well, but the first time round had my jacket stolen from a pub with the faceplate in, so bought another hu but this time came back to find some scrote had broken in and nicked the rest of the headunit, leaving me with just the face plate!!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

So now I've got 2 different pioneer headunit's, one missing a faceplate and one missing the rear unit, and do you think that the relevant parts come up on ebay?  do they bugger - every other faceplate but mine!!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tags: