To Sell or Not To Sell (Hardtop)

Started by Anonymous, January 24, 2004, 20:50

Anonymous

Guys & Gals,

I had put my HT on in mid November but then took it off again a month later to enjoy a bit of cold December sun.  I've not put it on again since and whilst it does make the car stiffer and less rattley (if that is in fact a word) I find it's far from unbearable with just the soft top.

I'm nowhere near the same sort of height as Sean (in fact I'm a short ar*e) so always need help putting it on and taking it off.  I've also taken the opportunity over the past 2 weekends to drop the soft top and show off my style bars whilst the sun is shining.  All of this adds up to me seriously considering selling on the hard top with the full mounting kit.

I guess the point of the post is

a) What are your with-or-without HT views?
b) What is a reasonable asking price?

Ta Guys

Ray

Anonymous

Well as you might know, ive just fitted one to my car and i love it (only been on about 8 hours!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )

I guess if you cant be arsed to put it on and off and dont think you will use it again then you could flog it.

£500 is an ok price for a HT. would be nice if you could sell to someone here and swop the fitting kit over to their car and you have their panels etc.

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Well as you might know, ive just fitted one to my car and i love it (only been on about 8 hours!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )

I guess if you cant be arsed to put it on and off and dont think you will use it again then you could flog it.

£500 is an ok price for a HT. would be nice if you could sell to someone here and swop the fitting kit over to their car and you have their panels etc.

TBH Kris it was your post that reminded me to bounce the idea off the members.    s:D :D s:D    Good news that you're happy with your HT.

Wouldnt put it on E-bay.  Most likely would be a club member that got it in the end anyway but loads of added stress (and fees).

BTW - did you get the steering wheely badgy thing?    s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "R2MUL"BTW - did you get the steering wheely badgy thing?    s:D :D s:D

yes thanks - i still aint fitted it... last thing to do!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

If you decide to sell, could I buy please?.

Anonymous

Quote from: "David Watson"If you decide to sell, could I buy please?.

Sure Dave,  but will prob. offer it out to the club also   s:? :? s:?

Peter Laborne

Put it this way. Yesterday I was out playing golf. Finished the round, got back to my car and put my hand on the roof. It was warm enough to lower. A clear blue sky without a cloud in sight.

So glad I don't have a hard top. I can go somewhere with the top up and then if the weather changes for the better (even if only for 1/2 hour) drop it.

I can't imagine how I would have felt it I could see a clear blue sky but had an HT fitted.

I can't wait for it to start snowing. I love driving around topless in the snow.

HT - pros - firmer body and less noise
ST - pros - freedom, can put it up or take it down when ever, where ever

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"HT - pros - firmer body and less noise
ST - pros - freedom, can put it up or take it down when ever, where ever

That's my line of thinking too Peter.  Can get braces to firm up the body and the stereo drowns out the noise.  There's no real substitute for the soft-top freedom though    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

thats what i was gonna suggest.sell it and brace the car.
i do think the car looks good with one on but you havnt the freedom of dropping the roof when the weather is nice.

Anonymous

The 2 does look good with a hard top on but IMHO why buy a soft top & then fit a hard top  s:?: :?: s:?:   Doesn't it defeat the idea of buying a soft top  s:?: :?: s:?:

filcee

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"IMHO why buy a soft top & then fit a hard top  s:?: :?: s:?:   Doesn't it defeat the idea of buying a soft top  s:?: :?: s:?:

Yes, it does.  But I have mine for security in the winter - I have to leave it in hotel car parks and work in trading estates mostly.  Never the best places to leave your motor when at work.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Anonymous

Good point
Well presented
  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Have just put the hard top back on and will drive for a week with it on to weigh up the pros and cons.    s:D :D s:D

Tags: