Double Stereo's

Started by Anonymous, June 20, 2003, 13:18

Anonymous

Just a quick question....

... is the 'My First Stereo' the equivalent to 2 'normal' single stereo's, or is it like 11/2 times the size?

Just wondered if i could get a fold out screen and sat nav/dvd unit in the same space?

Ta

Anonymous

Dont realy get the question But i think you mean canyou get 2 din's upfront!

Well Yes and no, No as no one makes a adapotr plate yet for a double din converstion, But yes as you can make your own very eaily!

You will be able to mount a screen upfront as (kris and me have talked about before   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ) But you cant mount it on the top Din as the screen will hit the top of teh over ahng on the dash, I have over come this tho by making the adapotor plate a inch out from the stock posistion. This means that you can still moun the screen in the top postiton without it floding over the NAV!

Only problem with fitting a non production din adaptor is that it wont be very sercturty protected, But there are ways round this by tieing it in with the dash suports and others placs in which are part of the chassis!

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   It can be done But take your time doing it, on a friends car i spent half a day trying to find the perfect postion but it looks good now!

Kris hows the price on those screens coming along sunny jim   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

sorry, not very clear - but you got what i mean - i was asking if the size (in height) of the standard stereo is the same as 2 stardard stereos put together (to do exactly as you said).

On a side note mate, the Alpine screens actually mount out about an inch or so from the headunit so i think they may be far enough out to just go over the heater controls.

As for price, i'll PM you....

Anonymous

Alpine fit

i have just finished a CVA 1060R in a customers car with DVD and SAT NAV and it fitted much to my suprise a little modifaction to the facia adaptor but it fitted and folded out well and managed to tilt back a bit to !!!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Only problem with the alpine to the pioneer is Price   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   and funcational display not very user freindly and less V.out on RCA's but she wasnt using an amp she just used to get lost in London LOL   s:P :P s:P

Anonymous

interesting.... *rubs hands together* - unfortunatly, all mods are off till i get the total bill from Toyota about my poor old car!

Tags: