Ordering new DVD HU soon, a few questions

Started by Anonymous, January 5, 2009, 18:32

Anonymous

Hi all,

Im planning on ordering this double din jvc dvd player soon to replace my current Sony double din which came standard on my 2001 roadster:

m http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product ... -23274.htm m

I have a few questions which I would prefer answered before i order it tho:

1. Has anyone had experience with this particular one or a similar one in a roadster, dvd screen does not sit uncomfortably too low for watching compared to other cars when replacing stock HU?

2. Is it very hard to connect this into the handbrake circuit as I think this is a requirement?

3. Will the aerial stay down when im not listening to radio and only extend when I need it to even with an aftermarket stereo like this?

Although I know there are many threads about installing aftermarket head units especially the single din conversion, I have been searching for hours now and have put together a list of fitments I think I will need for this double din.  If someone could just confirm this list for my piece of mind I would be greatful.

1. 55521 -16030 : Tray / Storage slot (from toyota)
2. 55423 - 17040 : Surrounding trim (from toyota)
3. 86221 -52050 : Left hand spacer (from toyota)
4. 86221 - 52060 : Right hand spacer (from toyota)
3. Connects2 TOYOTA adaptor lead (from  m http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product ... -19934.htm m )

Thanks for any help with these questions and queries before i order this  s:P :P s:P

Anonymous

Hopefully someone will be able to answer ur questions mate cos ive just bought an mr2 myself 02 so pre facelift like urs and the first thing i wna do is audio and want to know as much about it as possible! Must say tho the price ur getting the JVC headunit at is awesome!

Im looking into the possibility of a clarion

m http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/clarion ... -6822.html m

Though in my old car i had an alpine and I liked how easy it was to add amps/subs etc into the system and it just controlled everything.

BlackSabel

Copy of PM sent to Spook which I thing will be useful to you.

Hi

You will need following

86221 -52050 : Left hand spacer (from toyota)
86221 - 52060 : Right hand spacer (from toyota)
Connects2 TOYOTA adaptor lead ( Halfords also sales this PArt No: PC2-17-4)

But I am not sure why you need the following?

55521 -16030 : Tray / Storage slot --------????? underneath the DVD you will have ashtray/cupholder/cig lighter correct !
55423 - 17040 : Surrounding trim --------you can use the exiting trims which will fit over the left/right spacer above.
BlackSabel 2003 , Leather interior, TTE Twin Exhaust, Hard Top, Precats gutted, Dev's Keyhole cover, Jspec Black Nose Badge, Apexi Induction Kit, TTE Banana Spoiler, Rear Spats, Toyo TR1's Proxes, Silver Calipers with SteveJ 'MR2' decals, Cusco front strut brace, trd Short Shifter, Speedsource bushings. Mongos with spyder decals. 7" touch screen double din.

Anonymous

Thanks mate! Im still debating at the minute need to save my pennies for that headunit  s:) :) s:)

Tags: