Factory Alarm / Immob

Started by Anonymous, June 21, 2003, 23:26

Anonymous

Hi
Just bought a 2000 (W) Roadster today and have have a question about the factory fitted alarm.
Should all models have the microwave/perimeter sensor ?  Mine only seems to sound on door entry etc.
Also, the siren is very low.  Is that normal, can it be changed ?
Thanks
Léon

Anonymous

I've no idea about the permiter stuff, (though my alarm manual tells me to press lock for a third time to prevent interior detection for animals left in the car etc.), there's nothing obviously looking like a detector in the car.

As for the siren, it's quiet because it's hidden away, under the spare wheel, in the front locker, under the bonnet.  At a guess I'd say you'd need to move it to make it louder.  However being where it is now would take a fair while for Mr Burgler to get at to rip it out.

Anonymous

As Leon says, it's the location of the stock alarm that makes it quiet. Having set mine off yesterday with my head about 2 feet from it, with no spare wheel and no bin cover in place, I can tell you the alarm itself is plenty loud enough   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

My ears are still ringing now...   s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Thanks for your replies.
If you dont press lock three times does it sound if you pass over the car or put your hands inside ?
I dont seem to have an alarm guide, just the immobiliser bit in the owners manual.
Léon

Anonymous

I think its the other way around - i have a manual for the 03 alarm if thats any use? 3 Presses with turn off interior protection - the microwave sensor will be hidden somewhere in the car (does not need to be visable).

See if this helps....

Alarm Manual (PDF)

Anonymous

That's the same manual I got with my '02.  And the button presses decribed produce the documented number & type of flashes.

Anonymous

Thanks all.
I will have another go.
I found the alarm type and features at  m http://www.thatcham.org/resources/pdfs/compliance.pdf m  and it does say that all MR2 Roadsters Apr 00 + have the TVSS IV so it should be there.
It could always be unplugged or faulty i guess.
Any ideas where its hidden ?
Thanks again
Léon

Anonymous

yeah presesing 3 times will make the interior protection work. But moving the alarm horn is a bad idea as where MrT have palced it is a good place as mr Thef can not snip wires or plop it into a bucket of water to stop it going off.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

So the only thing i sugest which lots have had done is a Lazer line Cat 1 installed in the same place as the old one and just rip out the old one and replace the alarm ECU and make notye of wires etc! But it's normally best to get a profesional to do it   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"yeah presesing 3 times will make the interior protection work.

Other way around i think mate - 3 times will turn it off!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   Isnt it when the idicators flash on for a long period of time,

my understanding was:
1 press = locks dorrs
2 press = Dead lock doors
3 press = dead lock door and interior protection !

But as you have the instruction Tell me if im wrong LOL   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

If i am wrong then i have  never put the interior protection on LOL   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

SteveJ

Alarm settings for both '01 and '03 models are the same for UK spec cars :-

1 press = Alarm + Lock Doors + Interior Microwave armed
2 press = Alarm + Dead lock doors + Interior Microwave armed
3 press = Alarm + Dead lock doors + NO microwave - hence the long flash on indicators to warn you.

HTH

SteveJ

Anonymous

thanks all.
managed to get it working on 1 and 2 presses.  It just takes a while to set - about a min or two.
The sensitivity just seems quite low - i had a Toad CAT1 on a previous convertible and it could be adjusted..
any ideas whether this one can be adjusted ?
thanks
Léon

Anonymous

Quote from: "stevej"Alarm settings for both '01 and '03 models are the same for UK spec cars :-

1 press = Alarm + Lock Doors + Interior Microwave armed
2 press = Alarm + Dead lock doors + Interior Microwave armed
3 press = Alarm + Dead lock doors + NO microwave - hence the long flash on indicators to warn you.

HTH

SteveJ

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   o dear i supose it will teach me to read the alarm manual in future rather than thinking that im a know it all   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Tags: