Replacement wheels

Started by ad_car_08, February 28, 2009, 00:00

ad_car_08

I've got the opportunity to get my wheels powder coated for £25 per rim (which I thought was pretty good?) but I've got the problem of replacement wheels while my alloys are getting sorted.

What cheap wheels will fit on my roadster? (cheaper the better!!) I've tried to search, but cant find anything
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

markiii

how cheap is cheap?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

ad_car_08

As I'm only gonna use them while my original wheels get power coated, cheap as possible.
If I had another car to use, I'd just leave my MR2 on axel stands, but unfortunately I don't have that option   s:( :( s:(
[/size]

ad_car_08

Quote from: "markiii"how cheap is cheap?

I see you have 15s for sale   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[/size]

ad_car_08

Soooo....is it possible to nick wheels from a Yaris/Corolla/Celica that would fit the MR2??

I just need to find some cheap steelies or something while my wheels get powder coated....or alternatively a pair of 16 inch roadster wheels to purchase!
[/size]

Rowland

Quote from: "ad_car_08"Soooo....is it possible to nick wheels from a Yaris/Corolla/Celica that would fit the MR2??

I just need to find some cheap steelies or something while my wheels get powder coated....or alternatively a pair of 16 inch roadster wheels to purchase!

What about a set of scabby mk1 wheels?

s:) :) s:)

Ilogik

look for something 4x100

all the wheels you could use

m http://www.carlsalter.com/wheel_fitments.html m
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

markiii

need to look at centrebore and offset as wll not just PCD
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Ilogik

if the center bore is smaller can it not be filled with a spigot ring?

If its just to sit on without being driven i doubt it matters too much. If you want something drivable and legal could end up costing you more than its worth

Anonymous

Quote from: "ad_car_08"I've tried to search, but cant find anything

Wow !! Really you tried to search and nothing ??? I thaugh there would be at least 10ades of threads about wheels and offsets and sizes and colours and everything...

Ilogik

Quote from: "SimosSpyder"
Quote from: "ad_car_08"I've tried to search, but cant find anything

Wow !! Really you tried to search and nothing ??? I thaugh there would be at least 10ades of threads about wheels and offsets and sizes and colours and everything...

I think he meant for wheels for sale, i may be wrong/

Liz

This is what he searched about...

Quote from: "ad_car_08"What cheap wheels will fit on my roadster? (cheaper the better!!)

ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

StuM

Quote from: "ad_car_08"Soooo....is it possible to nick wheels from a Yaris/Corolla/Celica that would fit the MR2??

Yaris/Corolla - you'd not have the correct stagger - dangerous
Celica - IIRC they are 5 stud

Cheapest option is to buy markiii's wheels, use them while you need them and then sell them when you've done.
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

ad_car_08

Brilliant, thanks for the advice
[/size]

Anonymous

Tags: