Connect iphone to Sony WX C570r Unit

Started by Anonymous, April 13, 2009, 17:57

Anonymous

Hi All, I purchased my black mr2 roadster '54 reg' in july 2008 and I am loving it...what a car! I am going to make a few minor changes to it over the next year or so but first all  which iam excited about! but first off I was wondering if anybody could advise/help me with hooking up my iphone up to the sony wx c570r unit  that I persume is standard in the roadsters!? There are two plug in cables red/white coming from the back of the unit but I asume these are for a mini disc player connection... please help
many thanks
richard
(Farnborough, Hampshire)

wbarrwebster

Hi,

I assume you're talking about the lower  red and white phono plugs which are for the CD player, the Bus contol hole for the CD player sits the the right of the power/speakers recepticle beside the Remote in.

You don't say what type of telephone hook up. I'm not aware of anything, or rather anyway, you can interface with the unit as such.

You can piggy back switched Live, constant Live and earth at the back, it's also possible to break into the ISO speaker wiring so that the telephone signal will mute the Head Unit and the call will come through the front speakers but you'll need a seperate interface for that( not all that expensive)  or you could use the speaker that comes with  most older type hands units, although in my experience the sound is crap as the speaker is normally placed in the footwell.

You''ll have a wee problem running your mic cable at the Screen  but it can be done with a bit of messing about ( the issue is taking a hands free call with the roof down, even at minimum speed you may have a problem with the other party hearing you) I suggest this is an issue even with the expensive Blutooth units in a soft top but I don't have any personal experience with them.  

I've got some spare car telephone speakers and mics if you need  also got some older cradles, although these latter ones are model specific in most cases.

The wiring at the back is stanadard stuff, just give me a shout if you get confused for any reason, although should not be a problem.

Hope this helps.

B....
W. B. Webster

wbarrwebster

Just realised you were talking iphone, there was no thinking car telephone.......forget the above  lol.

B.
W. B. Webster

Anonymous

I have connected my walkman phone to my standard din by buying one of those "Tape shaped adaptors with a phono lead(will fit any tape player cost £2.99 i think)" that i just plug into my handsfree lead from my phone once the earplugs are unplugged.This is for the music only though but works really well.

Thudd

Are you sure it's a Sony in a 54 plate?

l viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24507 l

Tags: