Could this be the new MR2????

Started by Acehole, April 15, 2009, 21:45

Acehole

i really hope so it looks really sexy

Image Hosting

Image Hosting
Ex Owner of a ...2000 X Silver (1DO) Air con with Red leather and Hardtop, JDL spoiler, 17" Momo Corse wheels, Custom exhaust system by Pipecraft, K&N 57i Gen2 Cold Air Induction Kit Facelift Indies. Full main dealer history

Anonymous

????????????This is an MR2 with a kit on.

Acehole

really :O ok i want this kit what is it?
Ex Owner of a ...2000 X Silver (1DO) Air con with Red leather and Hardtop, JDL spoiler, 17" Momo Corse wheels, Custom exhaust system by Pipecraft, K&N 57i Gen2 Cold Air Induction Kit Facelift Indies. Full main dealer history

Anonymous

Probably somebody testing a prototype maybe for racing.

Acehole

Anonymous

Already been posted(under"a new MR2") and discussed on here a few weeks back.

Anonymous

Those first pics are at least 5 years old now   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

ex-member

Quote from: "Dan M"Those first pics are at least 5 years old now   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

Precisely....well actually no. They were from 2006 iirc, but still....old news!

SteveJ

Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"
Quote from: "Dan M"Those first pics are at least 5 years old now   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

Precisely....well actually no. They were from 2006 iirc, but still....old news!

Nope - Dan's right - they originally came out just after we (the club) had a meeting with TTE in November 2003 - IIRC they were published in Feb 2004, and had been taken some time earlier than that. The suspicion at the time was that it was one of TTE's turbo testing mules, but never confirmed.

ex-member

really?? I apologise in that case!

I remember us clocking it over on the OC when I THOUGHT it first appeared...and i only had my mk2 since march 06...

But damn!

philster_d

darrenjuggins

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/234611/mr2_set_to_return_as_prius_coup.htm

This is more like the replacement, saw it a while back in auto express.

Doh link doesn't work correctly, just type in google, new mr2 auto express and it will come up.

Regards
Darren
Darren A. Juggins

SteveJ

Quote from: "darrenjuggins"http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/234611/mr2_set_to_return_as_prius_coup.htm

This is more like the replacement, saw it a while back in auto express.

Doh link doesn't work correctly, just type in google, new mr2 auto express and it will come up.

Regards
Darren

Errrr didnt Acehole already link to that article (he even managed to cut and paste it so it worked)   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Acehole

I must say sorry to everyone that has seen this post. I hope i dident get your hopes up to much. I was getting well excited that the possiblity of a new mr2 was coming out. Shows my true love for this car, i had already started working out my dollar and how much deposit i would need the lot lol. And in my defence the artical i got them pictures from where dated feb 2009  s:( :( s:(  so i blame them.

dont know about you guys/girls but soon as the new one comes out (if it ever happens) im signing it up straight away... well unless they make it like that steamroller pictured above ^^^

kentsmudger

Quote from: "Acehole"...steamroller...
s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Philistine...
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

MR2 super GT

I forget where I read it but Toyota and Subaru are making a RWD coupe together.

Would that be penciled as the next generation MR-2?  Think they were going to call it something silly like a Subarota or Toyoruba.

anyone else heard or read this?
when I\'m not in traction, I\'m in action

Anonymous

It's been put on the back burner for the foreseeable future due to the global economy not being in great shape. Personally, given that Toyota are making a shedload of cash from boring cars, I wouldn't expect to see a sports car wearing a cowboy hat for many, many years yet.

Dyn-Evo

Yeh...the link above is little more than a GTR-wannabe..? Certainly not much more than a Celica/Supra replacement....?

I fear that the chances of Toyota bringing out another car with the layout / spirit of the MR2 anytime soon are virtually nil...!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

At best, they'll play safe and bring out something like the 350Z....whatever it is, it'll have the obligatory all-metal motorised roof, weigh about 2 tonnes, and all its  power will be throttled by emissions regs.....  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  

Worse....It'll be a Hybrid......!!!!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Why Toyota have not YET learned from the MX5 success.....small, LIGHT, sporty, good fun, good handling......

The Mk2 was a step in the wrong direction IMHO..but they did claw it back and see the error of their ways with the Roadster......!  s:D :D s:D  

Where next?  Well, they could simply continue to produce the Mk3........  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

Anonymous

Anyone any ideas where the kit came from on the original posting pics ???

Patch

New info - dated December 2009 - sorry if this has already been posted:

m http://trickshift.com/toyota-mr2-to-be- ... -a-hybrid/ m

Looks awesome...  (it'd look even better in black with black alloys!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

markiii

rather flys against teh suimple and lightweight concept though doesn't it
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

aaronjb

That's only been posted in about three threads now  s;) ;) s;)  I'm sure it's older (considerably) than Dec 2009, too, really.

Quote from: "markiii"rather flys against the suimple and lightweight concept though doesn't it

You mean the simple & lightweight concept that sold so well and made so much money for Toyota? Yeah, I can see why they'd want to change strategy  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

markiii

Quote from: "aaronjb"That's only been posted in about three threads now  s;) ;) s;)  I'm sure it's older (considerably) than Dec 2009, too, really.

Quote from: "markiii"rather flys against the suimple and lightweight concept though doesn't it

You mean the simple & lightweight concept that sold so well and made so much money for Toyota? Yeah, I can see why they'd want to change strategy  s;) ;) s;)

I wasn't thinking of it for their benefit
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

aaronjb

I'm pretty sure that's the only reason they make cars, though  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Tags: