rear spoiler

Started by alancdavis, August 12, 2009, 17:02

Ilogik

Quote from: "uktotty"Why buy a red car and paint it black, its like the morons who have an orange car with a carbon bonnet in black!
If you dont like red, dont buy a red car, simples!

Because somethings look better black lol, Different horses for different courses and all that.

Prime example

Some things should be left black.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Ilogik

De badged? Sorry im bored, trying to keep my mind active lol.

No badges at all

Mr2 badge only

loadswine

Not a fan of the black accent look.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

inert2k3

Quote from: "loadswine"Not a fan of the black accent look.

Yeah it looked the best with just the very lower part in black. The rest should be red IMO  s:D :D s:D
02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

Dyn-Evo

Quote from: "uktotty"Why buy a red car and paint it black, its like the morons who have an orange car with a carbon bonnet in black!

You lot are just gonna LOVE my Mk3 when its finished, then.....  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Oh well......s**t happens.....  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Black accents / contrasts look good on virtually ANY colour of car.....  s8) 8) s8)  

In the case of the orange car with CF bonnet: that could look cool if maybe the wheels, bootlid and a couple of other tasteful bits (wingmirrors, filler cap?), were also black..?

Its a matter of taste: if YOU wanna mod your car, just DO IT!

By all means look at some photoshop pix first, but if YOU think it looks good, then go ahead......

After all.....at the end of the day it IS just a small amount of black....cannot be labelled "tasteless / crass / horrendous" ,etc in anyones books, surely....?  s:? :? s:?
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

Ilogik

Quote from: "Dyn-Evo"

You lot are just gonna LOVE my Mk3 when its finished, then.....  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Just dont use yellow with red or vice versa, or it will always be associated with mcdonalds, that colour scheme is brainwashed into our heads.

uktotty

This it??

Ilogik

The guy who did that vw colour scheme and thought it was fun and creative, must of been seriously tripping their sack on some strong acid.

Dyn-Evo

Quote from: "Ilogik"Just dont use yellow with red or vice versa, or it will always be associated with mcdonalds, that colour scheme is brainwashed into our heads.

I know what you're saying there...!
  s:D :D s:D

Same as Yellow / Blue is Lidl / WD40 / Aldi...!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

roger

Quote from: "Dyn-Evo"You lot are just gonna LOVE my Mk3 when its finished, then.....  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Black accents / contrasts look good on virtually ANY colour of car.....  s8) 8) s8)  

In the case of the orange car with CF bonnet: that could look cool if maybe the wheels, bootlid and a couple of other tasteful bits (wingmirrors, filler cap?), were also black..?

Its a matter of taste: if YOU wanna mod your car, just DO IT!

By all means look at some photoshop pix first, but if YOU think it looks good, then go ahead......

After all.....at the end of the day it IS just a small amount of black....cannot be labelled "tasteless / crass / horrendous" ,etc in anyones books, surely....?  s:? :? s:?

+1
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

DannyN

Quote from: "Dyn-Evo"Black accents / contrasts look good on virtually ANY colour of car

Well it looks good on my car   s8) 8) s8)     s:wink: :wink: s:wink:     s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Ilogik

Quote from: "DannyN"
Quote from: "Dyn-Evo"Black accents / contrasts look good on virtually ANY colour of car

Well it looks good on my car   s8) 8) s8)     s:wink: :wink: s:wink:     s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Get some pics up danny not seen your car

alancdavis

Must get photoshop b4 nrxt mod   s:? :? s:?
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

DannyN

Quote from: "Ilogik"
Quote from: "DannyN"

Get some pics up danny not seen your car

The clue is in my sig.....
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

shuttsies

I agree with some of the posts here.

It does look very crowed at the back.

I do like the de-badged look.

Black inserts dont look at bad either!!

I'm still debating whether i should get a TRD style spoiler like that one or the lip one.
Currently have: ASBO ORANGE FOCUS ST-3 bring on the hate \";)\"

shuttsies

Quote from: "uktotty"This it??

Am I the only one who noticed the blonde chick bending over with the slag tag on her back??   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:
Currently have: ASBO ORANGE FOCUS ST-3 bring on the hate \";)\"

gavw71

Quote from: "alancdavis"Yes............................................  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Job done then!

Incidently, do you keep finding yourself drawn to the front window to admire your handywork, as I'm starting to drive my wife mad - I can't help pausing to gaze at my alloys every time I pass the window!  s:D :D s:D
17" Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1.2\'s, TTE lowering springs, front & rear strut top braces, Markiii inlet pipe, K&N panel filter, CHE header, Magnex dual exit exhaust, Dastek Unichip, re-map by Noble Motorsport.

Ilogik

Quote from: "gavw71"
Quote from: "alancdavis"Yes............................................  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Job done then!

Incidently, do you keep finding yourself drawn to the front window to admire your handywork, as I'm starting to drive my wife mad - I can't help pausing to gaze at my alloys every time I pass the window!  s:D :D s:D

Its a great feeling, nice when you drive past a bog standard car, belonging to the average joe who to them its just a car, and you think to yourself mines bad ass haha.

markiii

even nicer when its all you own work
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Ilogik

Quote from: "markiii"even nicer when its all you own work

or when you worked hard for the money to pay for the work   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

I think it looks good  s:) :) s:)   s:P :P s:P  

ianp2000

Quote from: "alancdavis"Finaly got around to fitting my spoiler

After  s:D :D s:D

Nice job...much better. Now all you need to do is "de-badge"!
Ian P
------------------------------------------
Dark grey 03, 6s, spoiler, Herts (the car, not me;0)
------------------------------------------

Tags: