where to buy a new ariel mast (inner white plastic bit)

Started by Anonymous, May 20, 2010, 10:39

Anonymous

Hey,
When i got my MR2 last year and the ariel was not working i hastily cut the plastic bit off  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  so i could manually pull it up and down
Now i realise i can repair it but dont have the inner bit, so does anyone know where i can get it?
cheers james

roger

Unfortunately MrT only sells the whole mast.

I'm guessing you'll have to buy that (either new or secondhand), unless somebody has a non-working one they can let you have to dessemble.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

No worries will contact the big man and post something in the wanted classifieds
Cheers for your reply
James

philster_d

its called the whip, for reference.

Anonymous

Depending on how much you have cut off they can be repaired.   l viewtopic.php?f=31&t=21029&hilit=+ariel l

firepower

just fixed my ariel using the guide that liz posted , very easy fix and saved me £40.00   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:   thats what is so good about the roc very helpful members thanks for the post liz   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:
01 tte turbo, sp exhaust and down pipe, tte springs 190hp more power soon ? 205lb/ft
1/4 mile 14.6 s @ 90 .55 mph  ( at drag strip )

firepower

jimbob there is a guy on ebay selling masts for the 2 for £19.95 + p&p dont know what quality they would be but may be worth a look  (car-masts-uk )
01 tte turbo, sp exhaust and down pipe, tte springs 190hp more power soon ? 205lb/ft

Anonymous

I have just replaced mine with one of these.    m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 500wt_1154 m

firepower

thats the guy   s:) :) s:)  is it a good replacement mast ?

Anonymous

Seems fine but I don't know how it will last long term yet.

Wabbitkilla

Same price as Toyota ... but good instructions
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

I thought Toyota want near £40 for theirs?

Wabbitkilla

I seem to remember paying around the £20 mark ... mind i never used it and just enjoy having a shorter aerial.
Or was it £30 ... oh, it's a long time ago and i'm getting old   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

I wonder how much CTP can turn them out for ... mind, not that there's anything wrong with the ebay ones, they probably come from the same factory.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Two's Company

CTP was £40 when i asked.

wbarrwebster

Quote from: "life of bryan"I thought Toyota want near £40 for theirs?

+1

Purchased about 18months ago!

B
W. B. Webster

OldMan

On March 24, 2009 David Hawkins posted on SpyderChat that you can get a "mast kit" from the Toyota dealer for ~25USD.

murray responded with "It's not difficult if you've got basic mechanical skills, and should take about two hours from removal to reinstall."

This link may be useful:
http://www.mr2spyder.net/spyderweb/index.php?/topic/485-my-antenna-broke-need-part-nos/page__p__7904__hl__antenna__fromsearch__1&#entry7904
If your Porsche is not anhydrous, there IS a substitute.

Tags: