Active sub-unit

Started by Anonymous, June 28, 2003, 11:22

Anonymous

I have been given a Pioneer (TS-WX105A) active sub which would fit nicely in one of the rear bins. It has a connector for main power, ground and another power-in to determine if the unit is on or off.

Presumably it will be easy enough to find a 12v power supply and ground lead from the cabling underneath the rear bins - however I don't have a clue what to connect to the second power-in that's meant to switch the unit on/off (the leaflet states it, 'can be connected to the accessory connector in the car's fuse uint').

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Mike

Slacey

BUSTER!!
You're on!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Well thank you Slacey,

this 3rd wire you talk of is the Remote wire, Normally run in very thin wire and all this dose is swicth the relay on in the amp, The colour is normally a ligth blue, And on the stock Sony unit you have to put a phono conector on the end on the wire to connect into the back of the headunit.

It dosent have to be fused it's just carries small signal.

You should also have 2 other connections wicth are the speaker conectors make sure these are awell tighten as if they do touch the stock sont unit will blow every fuse and will cost a shed load to repair so be warned!!!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Thanks Buster,

It's a little clearer now - however as you probably know by now - most my problems re: wiring seem linked to one thing. I have the new '03 head unit - so don't know what goes where.

Cheers,

Mike

Anonymous

Havent studied the 03 unit that much but i would think that it dosen't have Remote out!

But a sure way to tell is if it has RCA plugs on the back, if so then it will have a remote out as RCA are only unsed with amps, Also If the blue wire is in the Loom then track it down and splice into it that way   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

After doing this Ladies 03 i have got the h/u at home and it seasm to be a RCA out so it will have Remote out and it is in the loom it's on the bottom row of the big plug and is the only blue wire there.

Let me know how you get on   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Yep, I see the blue wire (last one on the passenger side - biggest loom).
I was reluctant to splice it, as the layout had been reported as being the same as in the '00 model (was the right front -ve speaker).

Also did you  notice the stock '03 unit has an 'upper level' loom above the 3 looms for (i) power/front speakers; (ii) rear speakers and (iii- I assume) CD changer. Do you know what this is for?

Cheers,

Mike

Anonymous

Seams to be for ulination and CD changer controls with Tel mute as well, so it seasm to have mroe featrues than first though   s:? :? s:?  

Im still trying to get time to test it tho sorry   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

Seams to be for ulination and CD changer controls with Tel mute as well, so it seasm to have mroe featrues than first though   s:? :? s:?  

Im still trying to get time to test it tho sorry   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Tags: