Fitted - TTE rear bumper inserts in CF wrap.

Started by AC, August 21, 2010, 11:45

AC

A short while ago Kev (Scottish_turbo) was selling off his unused TTE rear bumper inserts so I snapped them up quick   s:) :) s:)  .  Knowing that they would need a finish applying to them I initially considered the obvious paint option, either red to match the car, black to contrast and then gloss or matt???  Then I had another thought, vinyl wrap them.  Cheaper, easier and a little different.  Went on ebay and found a product by 3M called Di-Noc vinyl wrap, in a carbon fibre effect finish (some will already know of it), with rave reviews about how it stretches around curves and is perforated so no air bubble problems.  £20 delivered gave me enough to do the three parts.  Appyling it was not too difficult, needs a hairdrier to warm it up and then it will stretch and shape around most corners and curve's, though I found on returns I was cutting it to lose creases.  Anyway, took about 3-4 hours in all.

Here's a before and after of the end grille sections.

And then here is the original facelift inserts the car had.

And now the new improved CF wrapped TTE inserts   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

(I have adjusted the number plate section so it's now level - OCD argh!)

I'm rather happy with them (there's a lie   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ), what's the general consensus?  Thumps up, down or middle?

[size=85]The famous Walter Rohrl once said "Stay away from rear-wheel-drive cars unless.......", I had to agree on one particular occasion, but we did live happily ever after (apart from the trousers, they were a write off).

frogger

much nicer than the standard facelift inserts.

Never been inclined to upgrade the pre-facelift rear of mine, but that style is abit more tempting.

Wabbitkilla

That is very nice   s:D :D s:D
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Put a pic up with the plate on, think it will really show it off.

Guys, i work for 3m, i could probably get a discount on this stuff if there was enough interest in it.

All i ask in return is a beer or the use of your wife or girlfriend for a night. Please note only the beer option applies to our female members.

scottish_turbo

Looks good! Glad to see them finally get used.   s:) :) s:)

AC

Cheers chaps.

Took another pic with plate fitted and further back, gives a better perspective of the a*se end overall (which I'm not yet tired of looking at  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ).

[size=85]The famous Walter Rohrl once said "Stay away from rear-wheel-drive cars unless.......", I had to agree on one particular occasion, but we did live happily ever after (apart from the trousers, they were a write off).

loadswine

Super job Andy, looks superb.   s8) 8) s8)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

A set of these lights and it will finish it off   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

ChuckyBru

Very nice work.  Quality job!   s:D :D s:D
[size=85]Charlie
2001... with added
TTET. [/i]
My fuel consumption.[/size]

Chris_h

top job, me likey

I wonder if CF wrapping the red crash bar may finish off the look?
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

AC

Quote from: "Chris_h"I wonder if CF wrapping the red crash bar may finish off the look?
Yeah, I was hoping I might have had enough left to do that (the instructions recommend spray painting it) but unfortunately not, so instead I cleaned the crash bar and polished it just to make it that bit brighter and more noticeable  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  !  Not a biggy though, easy to access and cover with the CF stuff or something.

skinz

Looking great, i opted for the facelift body coloured inserts - boring me lol, but your's seemed to have turned out really well.. good effort   s8) 8) s8)  

Quote from: "Chris_h"I wonder if CF wrapping the red crash bar may finish off the look?

...one thing disguising body parts as being cf - which will be unnoticable to the trained eye - but a cf crash bar? possibly verging on some egg and pea rice   s:P :P s:P  - how about just painting it black?

Andy_Foz

Yeah, i think i would just rattle can the bar behind in a black. It wouldnt matter if its gloss, matt, satin etc as you will hardly even notice it behind the black mesh anyway. Would look nicer though i think!

Ive got a load of this 3M stuff sitting in my garage. Cant decide whether to use it on the car for a few details or to wrap a few bits on my bike (my GSR600 commuter hack0 to save it from the 100 mile a day commute it gets unfortunately abused to....

Andy

Zoe

I get so excited about CF hehe I like it, job well done  s:) :) s:)
Toot Toot, Beep Beep, new MR2 owner coming through  s]

Anonymous

Super job! (dont supose you want rid of your old ones?)

AmeR

You do know this is ekimq's car now right, D!ck!?

loadswine

the garage section doesn't help as itsays he owns hudster's car. gets confusing.  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

One of the bits that lets the old car down IMO is the wiggly plastic bits at the back. Ive just bought a facelift silver to break, and rather than paint, I was hoping to grab those inserts to go on my red one.
Oh well... back to the drawing board.

ekimq

@loadswine: Yes, the first attempt at swapping owners around didn't go too well   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  It's on Jason's to-do list!

@dickski: I'm willing to listen to offers for the inserts - I'm sure I can find them in the *huge* pile of bits which Andrew "threw in"   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Mike
The sun is out, get your top off!

Anonymous

PMd.

loadswine

Quote from: "ekimq"@loadswine: Yes, the first attempt at swapping owners around didn't go too well   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  It's on Jason's to-do list!
 s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Second attempt got you with the right car and deleted Hudster's by the look of it!

Tags: