Facelift Headlights - couple of questions!

Started by *andy*, November 2, 2010, 11:48

*andy*

I'm thinking of upgrading to the phase 2 lights so I can have projectors but my main concern is that I like the look of the Ph 1 lights (i.e black background) Does anyone know if the chrome in the facelift ones is used to reflect any light or are they ok to be painted?

Secondly, they seem quite hard to get hold of. I have however had a quote from a breaker at about £220 for the pair, this does sound a little expensive for used lights but I'm unsure if this is the going rate or not!?

skinz

Andy,

Couldn't say for certain about internals, but I have read that you need to re-wire the headlight connections to upgrade to the facelift lights - which is seeminly a bit of a hassle. Personally I am going to paint my pre-facelift internals (bout a spare of ebay to test out) then simply upgrade to xenon bulbs.

As for the price I would say this could be considered as a "competitive" price. Not too sure how much facelifts are brand new, but the prefacelifts are £85 per unit from CTP. But best holding off for on ebay - personally managed to get a prefacelift for £55 incl postage, only thing to do if buying second hand is to get a restoration kit, not tried it out but got the 3M one myself following reccommendations on other threads  s:) :) s:)

*andy*

Yes I had a quick look about how to go about fitting them and seen a couple of relays need adding but I'm pretty competent with a soldering iron so hopefully I'd manage. I actually already have HID's in my pre facelift lights but I'd rather have some lights that are legal and pass an MOT without problems!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Hadn't heard of CTP before, they actually stock the facelift lights at £284.99 for brand new I assume so £220 for pre-owned doesn't seem great

m http://www.cheaptoyotaparts.co.uk/index ... &Itemid=71 m

skinz

Yeah noticed the CTP price after a google-search for you. Depends how urgent you want them really, personally I has waited around 2months to get one on ebay (prefacelift) at a reasonable price

*andy*

Found a set of facelift lights on Ebay in the end!

Now I just need to wire them up! One headlight however doesn't have the bulb holders in so I may need to source these but not sure yet as I haven't looked at the pre facelift  headlight / wiring.

Still think I might spray them black,  but maybe mask off the chrome around the main beam so that it reflects properly (if even necessary)

gaffer1986

I would like to spray them black also, did you get round a to it?

Tags: