Tein S Tech Springs Pics

Started by AmeR, February 6, 2011, 13:50

AmeR

Really silly question all but after some frantic searching no results...   s:( :( s:(  

Can anyone advise me confidently which of the Tein S Tech Springs are for the front and which are for the back? I have just taken a front one off any want to make sure that I am putting the correct lowering spring on before replacing it!!

Sat in my garage staring at bits so please help!!!!!

Thanks!!

FGrob

Quote from: "AmeR"Really silly question all but after some frantic searching no results...   s:( :( s:(  

Can anyone advise me confidently which of the Tein S Tech Springs are for the front and which are for the back? I have just taken a front one off any want to make sure that I am putting the correct lowering spring on before replacing it!!

Sat in my garage staring at bits so please help!!!!!

Thanks!!
The longer of the two go on the back.
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

AmeR

Cheers!!

Had a nightmare fitting them! In the rain, then the dark, and if it could go wrong, it almost always did!!

Got them on though and the visual effect is immensly different!! Very impressed!!!

Can't wait to drive it to feel the difference!! Just a shame that it's off the road until the end of the month!!!

E

get a Pic or two up and let us see.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

AmeR

Quote from: "E"get a Pic or two up and let us see.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I'll try and get sone pics up one evening this week if the weather holds up!!  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

aglassinthesink

Lookin forward to seeing how they look on your car, wouldn't mind a set myself (in the summer, not a chance would I fit them in this weather!) where did you end up getting them from?
-Paul

[size=85]2006 Toyota mr2 in silver. K&N 57i Gen 2, JDM badge and a blingy engine bay[/size]

AmeR

Quote from: "aglassinthesink"Lookin forward to seeing how they look on your car, wouldn't mind a set myself (in the summer, not a chance would I fit them in this weather!) where did you end up getting them from?

Bought them from a member on here. The spring look great and the car looks so much better low down! I'd fit them myself again if I had too as it's quite a satisfying experience, but I think I'll start early on a Saturday next time just in case!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

aglassinthesink

I like the way your car looks anyway and lowering it always makes things better IMO   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I work 6 days a week including weekends so I think a week off is needed for me to get stuff on my car
-Paul

[size=85]2006 Toyota mr2 in silver. K&N 57i Gen 2, JDM badge and a blingy engine bay[/size]

AmeR

Quote from: "aglassinthesink"I like the way your car looks anyway and lowering it always makes things better IMO   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I work 6 days a week including weekends so I think a week off is needed for me to get stuff on my car

Thanks!! I already think it's looking good! I just need to get it out and about and enjoy it now!!

As for the jobs, I'm feeling a week off to get some bits done on mine myself!! I've got a list a mile long and it seems to keep being added to!!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

aglassinthesink

Tbh I've been trying to get myself to a meet or 2 to get a better look at your car cos I love your front bumper and I'm torn between bodykit and spats...

I plan on buying loads and then putting them on in 1 week, maybe with a day-by-day thread on here but as I've just got bits and pieces lying round the house at the mo unfitted it's killing me not putting them on lol
-Paul

AmeR

I have managed to spend a small fortune in the time that I have had mine and I have put very little moneys worth actually on my car!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Are you able to make it to the Trafford meet in March? My car will be back on the road by then with any luck so you can gladly nosey at it there! I also need to get some more pictures of it up here in the garage!!

aglassinthesink

Haha it's easily done you can't help but buy it everything possible

Don't know if I can, I work Sunday's but I might have that week off, if I have it off then I'll be there
-Paul

AmeR

Ok, so for anyone interested here are some pics. Apologies for the quality taken in a restricting driveway with a rubbish camera!!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Before

After
Fronts:

Rears:

Ignore the wonky exhaust tips. that's another job for another day!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Big thanks to E who entrusted me with his spring compressors, axel stands, and beloved torque wrench!   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

E

Looking good mate and dont forget it will settle down quite a bit lower once you have driven it and the springs have settled so watch out for those high kerbs.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

AmeR

Quote from: "E"Looking good mate and dont forget it will settle down quite a bit lower once you have driven it and the springs have settled so watch out for those high kerbs.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Low blow E, low blow!!!   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

FGrob

Quote from: "AmeR"
Quote from: "E"Looking good mate and dont forget it will settle down quite a bit lower once you have driven it and the springs have settled so watch out for those high kerbs.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Low blow E, low blow!!!   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
It was low, just at exhaust level   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

Anonymous

I have a set of these sat in the garage waiting to go on,let me know how the ride feels please?  s:D :D s:D

AmeR

Quote from: "life of bryan"I have a set of these sat in the garage waiting to go on,let me know how the ride feels please?  s:D :D s:D

Can you wait until March? Haven't got any tax on it, and it would have been a great evening for a drive when I got home from work!! Damnit!!!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Anonymous

I'm in no rush.

Anonymous

I'm in no rush.

FGrob

Not much

AmeR

Quote from: "life of bryan"I'm in no rush.

I thought you were happy with ultra-rare "highering" springs anyway!?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

I'ts fine when Boating but summer is coming.  s:D :D s:D

Tags: