blown fuse perhaps? HELP

Started by dj2k21, April 9, 2011, 16:11

dj2k21

went to pull the 2 out today with it being glorious to give it a wash and what not.

normally I push it out the garage because currently it only has a base map and is going for tuning about a fortnight, so I try not to run it for fear of damage to it or something,

I pressed the button on my clifford to unlock it, seemed the battery was dead as a dodo.
pushed it outside, and decided to hook up my battery charger, the second I did this I heard the electrics click, asif to be coming to life, then the alarm started going off as i expected it to.

I turned the alarm off no problem, got inside and put the key in the ignition, turned ignition on, rolled down windows and just before they got the bottom the power went dead, I figured it needed more charge,

left it for an hour, key back in ignition, cant even get any lights at all on dash, alarm no longer working.

checked my batter charger and it said that the batery was fully charged. what I didnt know is that your not suppose to supply electricity to a car whilst a battery charger is connected. I asumed it was the same as starting a car from another with jump leads? which isnt an issue.

so basically I now have a full battery but a car that doesnt do anyhting when the battery is on.

could somebody tell me or show me what I need to be checking for, fuses etc? thanks

sorry forgot to add that the battery is now in the front due to charge cooler, turbo set up. thanks
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

benfl3713

Hi @dj2k21

Did you get to the bottom of this issue. I'm having a very similar problem other then it happens intermittently and if I leave the key in the ignition for about 15 seconds the car springs to life with the relay click noise

shnazzle

Quote from: benfl3713 on March 12, 2022, 17:28Hi @dj2k21

Did you get to the bottom of this issue. I'm having a very similar problem other then it happens intermittently and if I leave the key in the ignition for about 15 seconds the car springs to life with the relay click noise
11 years. That must be a post revival record here
...neutiquam erro.

Mollydog

As dj2k21 hasn't logged on here since 2016, I think I'm safe to say we're not going to get an answer from him

Tags: