Oh no, it's started!!!!

Started by AckersMR2, February 29, 2012, 13:48

AckersMR2

I've never really been into the whole car modding scene, sure I had a hot hatch back in the day but was never really into the custom thing, a car for me was just for getting from A to B. Bikes were, and still are, my thing. Over the years I've spent a fortune on wheels, suspension, exhausts, power commanders, brakes and steering dampers.
But since getting the 2, and trawling around here i just cant stop looking for things to add to it.
I know it's only a small thing but I know where this is heading and it's going to lead to an empty bank balance and a moaning mrs!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

My only car is a Ducati 

ayresyboy

such a simple but very effective mod you have there.  i have done the same to my roadster  s;-) ;-) s;-)
SW20 Gen4 Turbo // SW20 1MZ V6

andibell

That's how it starts and before you know it, you're on the private sales at 2am "jonesing" for another mod, on the phone to the [strike:2n5ert92]dealer[/strike:2n5ert92] mechanic asking if there's any way they came squeeze just another few horsepower out of your setup, "dropping in" on other members to check out their latest upgrade and from there it's a steady downhill slope to ordering things from Monkey Wrench   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal

s12vea

This is just the beginning!  s;) ;) s;)
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

kentsmudger

It's a slippery slope all right - I think that was one of the first things I did to mine...
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

woodman

Quote from: "andibell"That's how it starts and before you know it, you're on the private sales at 2am "jonesing" for another mod, on the phone to the [strike:2n1txy8u]dealer[/strike:2n1txy8u] mechanic asking if there's any way they came squeeze just another few horsepower out of your setup, "dropping in" on other members to check out their latest upgrade and from there it's a steady downhill slope to ordering things from Monkey Wrench   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  so true
JDM[size=85]addict[/size]

Stephster

Nah, sorry - don't get it. Still completely stock   s:D :D s:D
[strike]2001 Silver MR2, red interior. Just like she came out of the factory \":)\"[/strike] -  I loved owning her !
Gone over to the dark side - 05 Black Z4 2.0i se with red leather.

dcod

My car was completely stock for 11 years ... until I joined here.

In 6 months I have a 2zz engine, facelift vents, keyhole covers (in the post), black crystal side indicators, Che twin exit exhaust ... and plans for BC Racing coilovers, Rota GT3's, vinyl wrapping ...

... and I'm enjoying every minute of it!   s:D :D s:D
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

FGrob

Quote from: "Stephster"Nah, sorry - don't get it. Still completely stock   s:D :D s:D
Yep I'm the same   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:    s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  Well almost - just a few mods   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  one or two  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Rob.
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

woodman

HAHA, far from sweet and inocent there rob! your garage is one of those im constantly checking for updates hehe
JDM[size=85]addict[/size]

Tags: