Leather treatment

Started by 1969, March 12, 2012, 18:40

The car I am buying has black and yellow leather, the seats are just starting to show signs of cracking in the leather, whats the best (and cheapest) stuff to use to stop it getting any worse?
The yellow seems to be worse than the black but this may just be it shows more as the dirt gets into the cracks.

steve-m-uk

I have always used Autoglym leather care cream, seems to work well and keep the leather supple, not sure if there is anything that will reverse the cracking but the Autoglym should prevent further damage.
Now a member of the ding day "hide by the bins" club  s]

dj2k21

you want to get a good quality leather cleaner first of all to actually pentrate the dirt in the yellow, stuff designed for a leather sofa or something I normally use, like a leather feed, because you do actually need to feed leather to keep it soft, also a top tip to keep it lovely an soft is go to your local motorbike sales place or maybe even an equestrian centre (horse bits) and buy yourself a bar of saddle soap, its designed for horse saddles and motorbike seats, but alot of bikers use it on their leathers to keep them soft, I use to ride bikes alot as a kid and swear by it, usually an orange or red colour and looks just like a bar of soap, rub it all over your seats and work it in, you will be amazed how good they look afterwards  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Anonymous

Liberon produce some good leather care products. Reasonably priced on that site, you know the one!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Thanks for the tips guys, I have heard of people using saddle soap so may go down that route but I will find a good cleaner first.

Tags: