Bumper refurb

Started by AckersMR2, April 19, 2012, 20:13

AckersMR2

2's in the body shop this week to have the bumper filled after I moved the number plate and their also fitting lowering springs and ROClinks  :-) :-) :-)
Filled

Prepped

Sprayed

Both front strut boots split, more expense  s:-( :-( s:-(
My only car is a Ducati 

Chris H

At least the bumper looks good....  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

AckersMR2

Yeah, at least the boots aren't too expensive, £20, and it's a job done I suppose  :-) :-) :-)
My only car is a Ducati 

onion86

Quote from: "AckersMR2"Both front strut boots split, more expense  s:-( :-( s:-(
That's very common they don't hold up too well!

Bumper looks good. I'm still looking for a body shop around here that I can trust to do a good job with 'Sablefying' my C-One kit  s:) :) s:)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

AckersMR2

I would recommend where mine is although I suspect a little too far away for you  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Well hopefully now the boots will last another 9yrs? That is unless they failed after year 3 and have been split for the past 6  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  (why am I laughing  s:-( :-( s:-(  )
My only car is a Ducati 

AckersMR2

Well she's back, sitting low and mighty Pretty  :-) :-) :-)

Just need to let the springs settle a bit and then get the tracking and geometry done.
My only car is a Ducati 

dj2k21

Bumper looks good although I'm very concerned about the lack of air flow you now have from where your plate is.

I hate finding bodyshops that you can trust, with mine being fairly big power when it has been into places I've always set the rev limiter on the ecu to 1500rpm lol. Then you get wired looks when you plug your laptop in when you collect it to change it back lol. Just don't trust people not to joy ride it that's all
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

AckersMR2

Well I've been driving around with it like that for over a month in all traffic conditions and been on a couple of long runs and the temp has remained the same as it was before I moved it and the fan hasn't cut in either. There is still plenty of air access both sides and from underneath and the radiator is set quite along way back from the grill.
And I figure Toyota like all manufacturers make their cars to withstand far more extreme temperature variables than our inclement climate can throw at them so I think I'll be ok?

As for a body shop you can trust, my brother in law owns it and he's a bit of an enthusiast too so I think I'm in safe hands  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

StuC

Quote from: "dj2k21"Bumper looks good although I'm very concerned about the lack of air flow you now have from where your plate is.

I hate finding bodyshops that you can trust, with mine being fairly big power when it has been into places I've always set the rev limiter on the ecu to 1500rpm lol. Then you get wired looks when you plug your laptop in when you collect it to change it back lol. Just don't trust people not to joy ride it that's all

Uh, don't go there. We had the Audi in for some insurance repairs. We are positive that it had 3/4 tank of fuel in it, when we picked it up a week later it had literally nothing in it. We think they had been out cruising in it, enjoying the 250bhp  s:-( :-( s:-(
Knowing it and proving it after the fact, are 2 very different things!  s:-( :-( s:-(
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

2 of the left

That front bumper looks superb now!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

AckersMR2

After driving it around a little last week I popped in to get the alignment etc checked after having it lowered, expected it to be all over the place and set me back £80-90 but it was only the front out slightly so £30, result!
My only car is a Ducati 

Tags: