Extended Tinted Wind Deflector

Started by AckersMR2, May 1, 2012, 11:11

AckersMR2

Some of you may have seen the extended tinted wind deflector I fitted to my 2.
I spoke to the Mod's and they thought it a good idea to post up where I got it from so others can get one if they so wish. (Mod's you may wish to move or sticky this?)
The Deflector is made from 3mm acrylic in a dark grey colour (I think other colours are available) which as you can see in the picture is lighter than standard and clear enough to leave up all the time (which is ideal as being taller it partly covers the storage bin doors when folded down). It is 45mm higher than standard and eliminates the wind chill around my neck but being higher it means when driving along the wind backdraft at speed does push it forward. To combat this I just push the passenger seat right back on the rails and set the seat back angle against the deflector, I can't do this with the drivers seat as i'm a short arse  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

If anyone is interested, it cost me £33.28 + postage (I collected mine) I got it from Displays UK their contact details are 01202 480104 Email:  e mailto:enquiries@displaysuk.co.uk">enquiries@displaysuk.co.uk e , ask for Tiffany

NOTE - your original one will have some rubber type padding tape around the holes, the new one won't come with this, you can add it yourself if you like but I didn't bother, the screws hold it tight in place just fine.

Below is a before and after pic of how it looks:

Before by Aki_Z1000, on Flickr

After by Aki_Z1000, on Flickr
My only car is a Ducati 

Chris H

As the Group Buy on the clear one's has collapsed,i think i will be
contacting this company for one......  s:) :) s:)

2 of the left

Quote from: "Chris H"As the Group Buy on the clear one's has collapsed,i think i will be
contacting this company for one......  s:) :) s:)
+1
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

Tags: