Up gradeing Battery

Started by Anonymous, July 9, 2003, 19:32

Anonymous

Guys, girls

This has been discued a little before but what are the options on upgradeing the battery, I have heard about the genisis and other but these are all non deep cycle batterys and a deep cycle is a must for any ICE insatllation and i think is a better batery all round.

Views on this would be a great help   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

See my posts from today elsewhere concerning the Hawker Oddyssey PC680 battery.

--H--

Anonymous

So whats the comlication of fitting the battery?

Do you have to re programe the alarm and how dose the performance of the battery compare to stock (which is S*ite i know   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  )

Also is it much smaller than stock? if so are the battery the same size with better performace ?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"So whats the comlication of fitting the battery?
You need to bodge the hold down bracket and mess about with the terminals to make it fit.  The main problem is with the terminals, although in hindsight you can probably get terminal posts that will fit the Hawker battery and are the right size for the terminal connectors in the '2.  I had to, um, 'adapt' (with a set of mole grips and a file!) the terminal connectors to make them fit.

Quote from: "Buster"Do you have to re programe the alarm and how dose the performance of the battery compare to stock (which is S*ite i know   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  )
The alarm is fine after a power cut.  I'm not quite sure how you measure the performance of a battery!  It starts the engine on a cold morning without and cranking problems if that answers your question.

Quote from: "Buster"Also is it much smaller than stock? if so are the battery the same size with better performace ?
Yes, about half the size and weight.  There are batteries the same size as the stock one with better performance but they will be just as heavy.  My reason for swapping was to save weight, but if you need a better performing battery to power all that ICE then I'm sure you could find one stock size and weight that performs better than the OEM battery.

HTH

--H--

Tags: