Dev's famous covers - do they all go like this?

Started by AckersMR2, July 30, 2012, 20:18

Patch

My Astral Black ones are good as new a couple of years on...

Dev

Well what can I say that I have not said before. Paint is an uncertain process, I am not saying that it is not my fault however there are many conditions in my control and out of my control that can damage paint.
 I try my best to limit them as much as I can and as you can see I have more success then failure with a product that has been sold for over seven years.

For the record.

1. The covers are not made of rubber, they are made of plastic. It's the same covers I have used since I started.
2.  I do use two types of flexible primer specifically for flexible plastic.

What I see from the OP is an obvious primer failure or something that did not work out in the curing process and I would be happy to replace the cover outside the warranty period because it clearly looks like a manufacturing defect.
I may have missed adding one of the primers, I don't know.

Cracks can occur due to washing your car over time and it's best to be gentle when going over the locks.

Please keep in mind that the MR-S is a much smaller market for which I sell these covers. I also sell them for a variety of Toyota cars and trucks and I cannot even begin to tell you how many of these products I have sold many times over, all over the world. I also have many repeat customers for group buys on a large scale.  
   If I sold a consistently bad product or had bad customer service I would have been finish a long time ago.

Do I have problems, yes at times I do have do deal with defective products like anyone else. I'm I looking for you sympathy, no.  All I am looking for is your understanding and straightforwardness.

I wish the poster would have contacted me let me know about the defects.

I do appreciated the support from those who enjoy the product and please keep in mind that I do try to make my products to the best of my ability. If you are not satisfied with any of my products for any reason upon arrival and 30 days after I will take them back for a full refund.

Anonymous

Dev,

your keyhole covers are great  s:) :) s:)

Thanks for mine, looks fantastic + fits well

Green Goblin

Had them on for years now, absolutely no problems. And I use the car on a daily basis, sun, rain or snow.

If you got defective ones, just contact Dev, and he will solve it.
[centre]1986 MK1 Sherwood Toning - 2000 MK3 Black

Click here for MK1-keychains - MK2-keychains - MK3-keychains[/centre]

Tags: