Help Please

Started by Anonymous, May 25, 2004, 20:21

Anonymous

First off, as usual, I need to apologise in advance for my ignorance, I think I might just put it in my signature FFS!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Ok, I've already started bugging Buster, but it's not fair to just pick on him to bug (sorry about that mate).....

I still have the original ICE setup in my car.
First thing I need to change is my speakers, thankfully i know what I need and want here, Focal 165 V2s, done deal, just got to find the cheapest place (on ebay £145 from Germany, incl P&P, the guy only deals in bank account transfers though, so waiting for his response as to how that's all done,why can't everyone use PayPal?!   s:x :x s:x  ).

Now the rest of it, I have a 2001 Dutch import '2, and the along with the HU is a 6 CD auto changer, and I'm presuming one don't work without the other (cos there's no CD entry point on the main HU).

So, what do I need/want if my requirements are: -

-  To play CD/MP3/WMA
-  multi-cd changer
-  not take up any glove box room
-  not leave big ugly holes/gaps where massive current HU/auto-changer are

Bearing in mind I will be upgrading the speakers first, then the HU (and Changer?), and want the possibility of adding sub and amp later if i want.

Basically my question is based around options on the multichanger functionality that I oh-so-love, and being futureproof for sub/amp

Well I know what I'm trying to ask anyway!!!
thanks

Steve "apologise-in-advance-for-my-ignorance" O     s:) :) s:)

markiii

ever considered one of these

w www.ssiamerica.com w
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

velly interlestink!
will go read the blurb.

markiii

if you need opinions, I have the latest version with the Kenwood CDC adaptor, and voice synth, steveJ has V2, and Phil Dye has V1.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

so i would need to have this AND a (new) HU?
where is yours placed in the car?
where my current HU-and-Changer are, what would be there?

too much for me to bother to understand with the flu   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

crankshaft

FYI, I installed the 165V2s back in April, they are deeper than the 165A and I used 19mm MDF Board, but needed to profile down the front edge of the spacer as in the full 19mm thickness in the same shape as the original, it will foul on the front edge of the door panel.

I also Removed the polythene cover and used it as a template to cut out Dynamat to replace it with, this and the V2s sounds great !!

Crankshaft
2001 SMT - Pete

Tags: