Wiper pictures

Started by Zonda_, February 26, 2013, 14:13

Zonda_

I want to get some of the aero wipers but the ones I've seen have the large plastic arch type converter in the middle, I had a pair of these a few years back and I found them really ugly. Can people who have the aero style wiper blades post pictures and where they got them from please?
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

Anonymous

Probably haven't changed then but for the price and how they perform I can overlook the bulky fitting   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Got them from HERE

onion86

Mine look a bit more simple than that but still have the bit in the middle (mine are from Amazon too), you can see if you zoom into this pic, don't think they look that ugly and it hides the connector:
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Anonymous

They look the same to me Stu ......

Zonda_

Hmm, searching on Amazon the Bosch ones seem to have the more flush type of connector, lot more pricey though.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

onion86

Quote from: "Les"They look the same to me Stu ......
The pic on the ones you linked makes the 'spoiler' look a bit more professional. Mine don't have the curved 'spoiler' shape, it's just like a slightly sticking out line the whole way across, more like reinforcement.

The Bosch ones look pretty much the same to me, not the best pic but yeah £20 is quite a bit more!
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Anonymous

Quote from: "onion86"
Quote from: "Les"They look the same to me Stu ......
The pic on the ones you linked makes the 'spoiler' look a bit more professional. Mine don't have the curved 'spoiler' shape, it's just like a slightly sticking out line the whole way across, more like reinforcement.

The Bosch ones look pretty much the same to me, not the best pic but yeah £20 is quite a bit more!

Not a spoiler Stu, just a raised bracing bit in the middle, might be the angle taken at

Zonda_

Bosch ones have a much smaller clip, I've used them before.

dj2k21

Dont halfords do wipers for life? Keep ur receipt and for as long as u own the car replacement are free, I know they do with brakes too. Ive always found their wipers fine. Their all bosch too I think
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Anonymous

I think bosch are meant to be the best...

i bought mine in halfords, dont know what brand they are... 2nd best to bosch tho... they work a charm, no squeek or anything!!! I use them, plus i put some stuff on my windscreen to "bead" the water, its so cool i end up just watching the water fly off my windscreen!

AndyM

Quote from: "dj vinxy"plus i put some stuff on my windscreen to "bead" the water, its so cool i end up just watching the water fly off my windscreen!

What product do you use for this mate? I'm getting fed up of water clinging to my hardtop rear window as there isn't a wiper.
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

Zonda_

Rain X, it's a faff to put on correctly.

Anonymous

I use rain x too... didnt find it too hard to put on if im honest...

just follow directions on the bottle

AndyM

Cheers chaps, will pick some up for application over the weekend.
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

Tags: