Started by Oddshoes, May 2, 2013, 18:36

Oddshoes

Hi All

I did a small service on my roadster after work which consisted off

Engine flush using old oil and WYNN's engine flush,
Remove the undertrays and drop the oil and old oil filter,
Remove the spark plugs and replace with genuine OEM spark plugs,
Replace used air filter with new OEM air filter,
Replace oil filter with genuine OEM one and OEM oil too.

The car seems to run well and isn't missing, so the spark plugs are working and they don't seem to be running in an odd way, the car seems to run smoother and better for the service but the light is on where it wasn't before and I just thought could anyone share some light? I put everything back together the way it came apart but I have left of the under trays cant really think that will cause it, the only thing I think that it might be is that i didn't gap my plugs.. could it be that? If so whats is the gap please folks? I will be doing some more work on her tomorrow taking the manifold off to see if the pre-cats have be knocked out and it they haven't then I will be doing that too! I will then be able to give her a good clean over the bank holiday weekend and in for a MOT next week or so as my insurance requires a new one as the car has been written off (cat d) since the last MOT was done

I do have a OBDII lead here from a VW I had but I  don't have the correct software to check it to see the is is there anywhere I can download it folks?

Many thanks in Advance for you help and info

Dave  s:D :D s:D
2001 Turbocharged MR-S in Gulf Racing Colours... with goodies from Cusco, Damd, Top Secret, Monkey Wrench Racing, TRD, Lenso and running 264bhp@ 10psi... TBC

MR2 Owner since 2006.

Wabbitkilla

Just plug in the obdii and try it, it's not going to break anything.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Oddshoes

cheers Nik  s:D :D s:D
2001 Turbocharged MR-S in Gulf Racing Colours... with goodies from Cusco, Damd, Top Secret, Monkey Wrench Racing, TRD, Lenso and running 264bhp@ 10psi... TBC

MR2 Owner since 2006.

Tags: