Brake judder?

Started by minimike, May 2, 2013, 20:37

minimike

At the risk of being shot down in flames, this is about the 'other' car.   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  

I have got a strange thumping noise through the brakes on my wife's XC90 when braking from 60mph and above. Can't feel anything through the pedal though. It's kind of like when you go over the painted 'slow down' lines and diminishes with your speed. Undetectable at under 50mph.

The car was left outside for 8 wk's whilst abroad Feb and March and the discs were REALLY bad when I picked it up but got better as they cleaned up over a few days under braking, but this problem seems to be here to stay now. The car has only done 14k and was 100% fine before we left. I am sure it is corrosion related and that the discs are not warped etc

I know how knowledgable you lot are and wondered if you had any idea's?

I am begining to think that the pads might have been stuck to the discs and that this has been the problem.

Cheers, Mike.  s:D :D s:D
2006 red, 2006 silver TF212, 2003 black, 2001 black

Anonymous

Corroded disk will be the issue. Sometimes pads can get stuck in the calipers as well. I would take it apart and clean it all up, grease up the carrier etc and take for a test drive.

minimike

Thanks, I think that the corroded disk theory is right. They 'look' okay from behind the wheel, all shiny etc.

I guess I will have to strip down and have a proper look.
2006 red, 2006 silver TF212, 2003 black, 2001 black

Tags: