My Re-finished wheels are ready! *Updated with pictures*

Started by Slacey, July 15, 2003, 15:24

Slacey

As some of you may remember, I had my bargain 17" Mille Miglia wheels sent to be re-finished (after seeing the Photoshop's, thanks guys) in a lovely Anthracite colour, and they are now ready.... but, do I:

1. Gets pics up ASAP, or
2. Save them for JAE?

Opinions please!

OK, pics it is. I'm REALLY pleased with the job   s:D :D s:D  - all the scrapes and scuffs are gone, and the paint job is great, I love the colour. On this note, I must apologise for the pictures, my grasp of digital photography is not great, and frankly, in these pics they look silver! (They are dark metallic grey)

Rim only:

Close up of what was a badly scuffed edge:

Finally, all four ready and waiting to go on the car:

I'll have a play tomorrow to see if I can get a pic that gives a better impression of the true colour.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Go Pics, Go Pics, Go Pics....!!!!!   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Darth Paul

Pix yer bugger. I'm not going to JAE.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

DP

Slacey

I tried once more... this pic still 'aint great, but it shows the colour nicely!

Anonymous

WOW! that looks well dark... i like it!  s:D :D s:D

Cant wait to see them on your '2 at JAE!

Anonymous

Excellent, very nicely done!

Anonymous

Very smart job. I was going to get my Momos in that colour but with a chrome rim....alas they only did that type in Italy & I couldn't be arsed sorting out the import.

Lets see how they last the first winter & you can give us all an update on quality of workmanship.

Slacey

These guys make some of the wheels (and other cast parts) for Aston Martin and wheels for MG Rover, so I'm hoping the job is a good one and the finish will last. But, as you said, time will tell.

dancarbon

Very smart!   s8) 8) s8)
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

Not a Mod person myself Slacey, but I have to say, they do look VERY nice!!! I LOVE the colour.........and the photoshop h=gave a very nice impression of what they will look like on the car. Impressive. Shame I am not going to JAE.

Shame Mr T couldn't offer a range of different wheels too. It does for its other cars, but not the '2. I think it would be a popular choice.......

Anonymous

Very impressive, I think they'll look great on your '2.

Slacey

I put the wheels on the car this morning, I was going to leave them 'till right before JAE, but my old rears were 1. illegal, and 2. a bloody liability when I went on a site visit in the week in the storms!
The colour still doesn't look right in these pics, the one in my post above is more accurate as to what they actually look like, I guess you need to see them 'in the flesh' so to speak.

Personally, I love them - I'm really glad I took the gamble on the colour   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

They look well nice - especially with your painted calipers!

Now just dump the orange side repeaters and your set!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Slacey

Oh, and another thing - I hope to god I don't scuff or scratch them before JAE!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Slacey

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Now just dump the orange side repeaters and your set!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Fensport will have a package waiting for me on their stand...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"Fensport will have a package waiting for me on their stand...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Good Lad!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

That really does look very very good indeed.

Anonymous

I have to agree. I am in no way a mods person, but even I have to say that is very very sexy.......

Comer

Very nice wheels.  I saw some similar ones in Halfords in the titanium finish and it could be an addition to my shopping list!  My car is black too so I can see the end result but I wonder what they would look like on a sable '2.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

I reckon they would look particularly stunning on a Sable!

Tags: