leather seat wear marks

Started by zxr400, June 4, 2013, 07:54

zxr400

hi can anyone advice me on what to use on my mr2 leather seats. The side bolsters have rub
marks on them and some of the black has come off the seats and it looks unsightly. I have read about
grison leather renovation stuff but I am unsure about using it as I dont know what type of leather the seats
are made of. Some people say you have to rub down leather seats as they have a seal on them and the renovation
stuff wont sink in to the leather unless you do this. The rest of the seat is in very good condition and I dont want
to spend a lot of money on sorting it as I need to have the wheels resprayed as well. Thanks for any advice.

AckersMR2

I think the trick to getting it right is the colour matching. Have you looked into having it renovated at all? I had a celica seats done that I fitted to my 2 and the guy charged me £50, did a really nice job of it too, might be an option?
My only car is a Ducati 

petej

A scuff kit from these guys will fix it.

m http://www.liquidleather.com/scuffs.htm m

I did my red S2000 seats and the result was amazing. They match the colour for you. It was bang on. Very easy to do yourself.
Middle age syndrome is upon me!!  295hp 3.4l Porsche 987s is the new bigger boys toy.

Maverikk

If wear and tear on the bolster (the side bit nearest the door) is bothering you, have you thought about simply switching the driver seat for passenger? Cheap solution, possibly.

Chris H

Quote from: "Maverikk"If wear and tear on the bolster (the side bit nearest the door) is bothering you, have you thought about simply switching the driver seat for passenger? Cheap solution, possibly.

You cant swap the seats,but you can swap the seat backs.......i did this in mine.....  s:) :) s:)

Maverikk

That's what I meant, I did it too  s:) :) s:)

2 of the left

I went for the leather kit thru link above - Approx £16 !!
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

Maverikk

Would be interested in seeing the results, if you could post up some pics when done?

2 of the left

Quote from: "Maverikk"Would be interested in seeing the results, if you could post up some pics when done?
Will do - I expect kit thru door this weekend!!

2 of the left

Well for what it's worth - This stuff does the bizz !!!  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  
Since taking the After shots I've toned down the gloss effect!

Maverikk

Wow, dude, remarkable result. Will definitely try this.

XmadX

I used that liquid leather scuffmaster too it is amazing!

~*~*~XmadX~*~*~
*NOW SOLD* 2002 1.8 Roadster VVTi Black (Pre-Facelift)
[size=85]Stainless Exhaust Manifold / Colour Coded Side Vents / Dev\'s Keyhole Covers / Wolfrace TrackReady Alloys / Ultra Racing Front Brace / Sony MEXBT3900U Stereo / Midship Badges / Crystal Black Side Repeaters / Midship Pull Lever / Ultra Brilliance Headlights / Chrome Dials / TTE Style Body Bracing / Remus Twin Exhaust [/size]

kentsmudger

Quote from: "XmadX"I used that liquid leather scuffmaster too it is amazing!

That really is impressive - Need to try that ...
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

roguk

Hi   it seems that some of you have been able to swop the drivers seat back for the passenger seat back, is it possible to explain please how to do this, i know how to remove seat and take plastics off sides, Worried about next step, in picture i see the 2 large bolts to undo on both sides of seat but if i remove them will the plate holding the end of the spring come off allowing the spring to fly away?

Tags: