Useless female wants a new badge.

Started by Abiwalker, June 12, 2013, 20:53

Abiwalker

Hello, basically I know nothing.

I know you forum guys are really helpful...

I want to get rid of the Toyota badge on the front and replace it for something better (after seeing some pics on the forum).

Can someone please help?  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  
I don't know what to get...Some pictures of the different badge options would be great  s:) :) s:)

Also where can I get these from and how much will it set me back? Lol

Thanks in advance,
Silly Wench
Silver 52 MR2. Constant Smiles.

2 of the left

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

Richard41

JDM bonnet badge from CTP looks a lot better than the standard, think mine was about £25 delivered, from memory colours are black & blue.

m http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/know-your-2-know ... bartid=141 m

roger

The front badge has 2 spigots in it that fit into holes in the bonnet. As far as I am aware the only directly replaceable badge is the Japanese one, known as JDM badge, but available from Toyota or affiliate CTP in black or blue. Other colours are specials and you would have to locate a seller. Details HERE.

Any other badge (like ones from Liquidart) are likely to mean the holes would have to be filled or left, in which case make sure the don't show through the new badge.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

2 of the left

Quote from: "Abiwalker"Hello, basically I know nothing.

I know you forum guys are really helpful...

I want to get rid of the Toyota badge on the front and replace it for something better (after seeing some pics on the forum).

Can someone please help?  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  
I don't know what to get...Some pictures of the different badge options would be great  s:) :) s:)

Also where can I get these from and how much will it set me back? Lol

Thanks in advance,
Silly Wench
Try these for options

Also check my icon to the left - Toyota "Mexican" hat with horns - ( Black or Silver available)

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

eynonz

I got the JDM one. I have also debadged the back, so people are never to sure what car I drive  s:) :) s:)

*BLUE 2002 PRE-FACELIFT* - Markiii Pipe - Longlife Exhaust System - "The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings" -  Unknown Brand Front Strut Brace - More to come \";)\"

AckersMR2

As said if you want to debadge completely then you'll have to get the holes filled and resprayed, looks good though in my opinion?
My only car is a Ducati 

dcod

Quote from: "2 of the left"Try likwidart.com

+1 or debadge.

or

Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

DannyN

How about this for a badge   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

mr mr2

Excelsior

Jrichards20

The JDM badges are lovely. Just put mine on this morning!  s:) :) s:)
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

Jrichards20

Be careful when taking the Toyota Badge off! You dont want to be left going to bodyshop like me and getting them to touch up the front bumber!

[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

Abiwalker

I definitely prefer the JDM badges.
Think I'll get the other half to do it for me though because I just know ill end up ripping the paint off.

The liquid art stuff.. Is that Some sort of jelly plastic sticker?

This is super nice  l viewtopic.php?f=38&t=41984&p=520238&hilit=Badge#p520238 l    s:D :D s:D  

(Had to ask him why it was called a midship runabout...  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  that's how useless I am)

Abiwalker

Quote from: "eynonz"I got the JDM one. I have also debadged the back, so people are never to sure what car I drive  s:) :) s:)

Did the back have to be filled? Or no holes?

eynonz

No holes on the back, you just gotta polish off the glue/sticky stuff that's left behind.
*BLUE 2002 PRE-FACELIFT* - Markiii Pipe - Longlife Exhaust System - "The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings" -  Unknown Brand Front Strut Brace - More to come \";)\"

Abiwalker

Brilliant  s:) :) s:)

Richard41

Quote from: "Abiwalker"I definitely prefer the JDM badges.
Think I'll get the other half to do it for me though because I just know ill end up ripping the paint off

Use dental floss, and just carefully saw it under the badge, doesn't harm the paint at all and only takes a few minutes, think it's in the how to section.

mr mr2

And get some hot water on to soften the glue keep putting it on as you go though with the floss and take you time
Excelsior

Abiwalker

It's okay, got a heat gun  s8) 8) s8)

Flipside

I have the mk1 badge on mine, looks good, just got another for the rear.
2001 low mileage, mods: K&N 57i gen 2, toyosports manifold and Cobra twin exhaust, unichip. Colour coded side vents and spoiler.  not forgetting the ICE Install, stock sony head unit, sony xa300 aux input, bluetooth connection, 4 channel hertz digital amp, 2 channel hertz ep2 amp, mb quart components, hertz 10" subwoofer in the bins and UD JL 6.5 in sub. Boom!

scipio

The badge on my avatar is from Toyota. They come in blue and black. Hot water/heatgun then a bit of soapy water and a soft cloth - 5min job.
Part# 75314 17030
Scipio

[size=85]Getaway - 2001 Silver H/Top - TRD  Twin Exhaust - TRD Chip - Gutted Pre-cats - Red Calipers - J-Spec badge[/size]

[size=85]Breakaway - 2008 Silver Hilux 3.0 D4-D Raider Double Cab[/size]

Anonymous

Welcome to the club!

I think you got the answer above  s;) ;) s;)

tomaky

Not sure heat guns a good idea definitely warm water better idea.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

Abiwalker

Thank you all so much for your help  s:) :) s:)    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

DannyN

I'd definitely recommend leaving the heat gun in the cupboard!
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Tags: