Carbon fiber wrap

Started by Abiwalker, July 4, 2013, 22:18

Abiwalker

Okay, so I started taking the badges off the back and decided it looked a bit bare. Since there wasn't much point in turning back and sticking new ones back on I got it wrapped in a carbon fiber wrap.
This is just the start, I want around the plate done next then maybe some more over parts of the car.

What ya think?

Silver 52 MR2. Constant Smiles.

eynonz

Looks good, haven't seen many people wrap that bit so looks unique. Did you do it yourself? I'm taking mine to a professional wrapping company to price up my bonnet and other parts tomorrow.  s:) :) s:)

Edit: That's a nice VX220 with a Star Wars Rebel logo in the corner   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    s:D :D s:D
*BLUE 2002 PRE-FACELIFT* - Markiii Pipe - Longlife Exhaust System - "The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings" -  Unknown Brand Front Strut Brace - More to come \";)\"

Maverikk

I think it needs more black, to tie it together. Maybe the bumper inserts? And the side vents?

Abiwalker

No didn't do it completely myself, the other halfs done a lot of wrapping in the past so he done the fiddly bits - I was in charge of the heat gun. Lol

The VX belongs to the nice chap next door, Stu - that's wrapped in green. He does wrapping, tinting and remaps for a living.

Definitely feel there needs to be more bits. The bumper inserts will be next then possibly wing mirrors and fuel door.
I thought for a second about the middle 'V' in the bonnet. But not too sure...

jinxedkitten

Want it photoshopped to help you decide? I'm sure StuC, or me, would be happy to oblige  s:smile: :smile: s:smile:
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

simers

Not a fan of it at the moment... With all the other bits done it should tie together a lot better... On a positive note  s;) ;) s;)  very clean car
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

Abiwalker

Quote from: "jinxedkitten"Want it photoshopped to help you decide? I'm sure StuC, or me, would be happy to oblige  s:smile: :smile: s:smile:

Yes please   s:D :D s:D  legends  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

StuC

Quote from: "Abiwalker"I thought for a second about the middle 'V' in the bonnet. But not too sure...

Like this?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

jinxedkitten

Quote from: "Abiwalker"
Quote from: "jinxedkitten"Want it photoshopped to help you decide? I'm sure StuC, or me, would be happy to oblige  s:smile: :smile: s:smile:

Ok, could you post a rear three quarters view and a front three-quarters view photos.

Also if you have any preferences as to what bits you want wrapped, or happy to leave it to my imagination hehe.
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

eynonz

Good lord, I just went to a professional vehicle wrapping place to quote my bonnet with a Matt black wrap. £200 (I almost inhaled my chewing gum and choked when I heard it).  s:| :| s:|
*BLUE 2002 PRE-FACELIFT* - Markiii Pipe - Longlife Exhaust System - "The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings" -  Unknown Brand Front Strut Brace - More to come \";)\"

StuC

What were you expecting?

Abiwalker

Quote from: "StuC"
Quote from: "Abiwalker"I thought for a second about the middle 'V' in the bonnet. But not too sure...

Like this?

Hmmm... still unsure. Prefer the second one (continues onto bumper) I'm just feeling a little of the 'racing stripe' vibe...  s:? :? s:?  
 Suppose I could do it and if I didn't like it I could pull it off.

Abiwalker

Quote from: "jinxedkitten"
Quote from: "Abiwalker"

Ok, could you post a rear three quarters view and a front three-quarters view photos.

Also if you have any preferences as to what bits you want wrapped, or happy to leave it to my imagination hehe.

Will get some photos for you this evening at the Quay For My Car night.
I will leave it safe in your hands lol

eynonz

Quote from: "StuC"What were you expecting?

I dunno, never knew how much it cost... about £70   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

StuC

Quote from: "Abiwalker"Hmmm... still unsure. Prefer the second one (continues onto bumper) I'm just feeling a little of the 'racing stripe' vibe...  s:? :? s:?  
 Suppose I could do it and if I didn't like it I could pull it off.

Yeah, done stripes for peeps already too!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Abiwalker

No I'm not keen on the racing stripe look. I can't race, wouldn't know what gear to be in lol I plod. Got any plod stripes?

Abiwalker

Quote from: "eynonz"
Quote from: "StuC"What were you expecting?

I dunno, never knew how much it cost... about £70   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

For the little bit I got wrapped it would be £40 labour and about £20 for the carbon fiber wrap. Technically I got it free though.  s:D :D s:D

StuC

Plod stripes, hmmmm.... this springs to mind!!

Maverikk

I think take the MR2 badge off and replace it with a black JDM badge, and carbon wrap the bumper inserts.

Abiwalker

Okay so plod stripes aren't what I'm looking for  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

JDM badge on order.

jinxedkitten

OK, they're a bit rough, but I haven't had much timeto do them im afraid, hopefully should give a rough idea though!

Here's the half butt wrap:

The full butt wrap:

AckersMR2

Liking the full butt wrap  s:) :) s:)
My only car is a Ducati 

StuC

Quote from: "AckersMR2"Liking the full butt wrap  s:) :) s:)

I bet you never thought you utter those words!!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

AckersMR2

Quote from: "StuC"
Quote from: "AckersMR2"Liking the full butt wrap  s:) :) s:)

I bet you never thought you utter those words!!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Not when I was in a relationship no, but now.........  s;) ;) s;)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

Abiwalker

Loving the 'full butt wrap' added to my to do list!

Tags: