Bolt for bin lid

Started by no1trancefan, July 8, 2013, 11:31

no1trancefan

Having had my bins in and out a fair few times changing wiring and amp location i have managed to snap one of the bolts that hold the lid and front of bin behind driver seat nice!

What would be a good option for removing it i would say about half the thread is inside the bolts dont seem that wide to be able to drill out. Need to get it down as otherwise one side of the bin lid will not be secured.

trevsmr2

Can you get at it from underneath ? you say half the thread is inside? can you put another bolt in to push the remainder out the bottom ,or has it sheared off level ?

might be able to get the bolt from inside ?
only decent pic i have at present ,

no1trancefan

i hadnt looked under there can i just pop the plastic covers off and pull the carpet back to get there.
there is a bit of bolt sticking out the top wnich i have tried to drill as wouldnt budge think in at slight angle, good idea about bolt, shame its not in the hole so i can get a new one through the top. would it be worth trying to reverse one in from underneath?

ive had the bins out numerous times and the one impatient time has cost me hours haha cheers for pic will come in handy

Tags: