Hardtop fitting kit.

Started by Zonda_, September 14, 2013, 17:12

Zonda_

I've just discovered my car has one fitted   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  only had it 2 years and never knew what it was! The only parts missing are the chrome brackets that replace the covers behind the rear window. I'm in 2 minds whether to buy some of the brackets, then a hardtop obviously, or sell the fitting kit? What is the kit worth?
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

StuC

The brackets and fixings new will set you back about £80 new. I had the same thing when I got my banana. I already had a hardtop from the previous car though.
You could probably sell the trims and side brackets for £150-£200.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Zonda_

What trims do you mean? I'm unsure exactly what the kit comprises of?
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

StuC

The interior trim panels are where those side bracket are sticking up through on your car.

I can sort you out a cheaper/same quality hardtop demist cable. That'll save you a tenner!  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Zonda_

Hardtop demist cable is already there.

AndrewMason

If want to be really fussy, then there some little vinyl fabric covers that go over the 2 off metal uprights/B-post clamp points. I discovered these plus the trim bits in a little bag in the tool bag with the jack etc.
2002 Red. "Go-Fasta" stripes and matching wheels

Zonda_

Yep, the vinyl covers are in situ too! Everything except the chrome parts.

StuC

Have you got space to store a hardtop for the summer?

Zonda_

No.

StuC

2 options as I see it then.

1. Sell what you have as an incomplete set.
2. Buy the extra parts and make the kit more sellable.

Just my musings though!  s8) 8) s8)

Tags: