JAE from the air..

Started by aaronjb, August 6, 2004, 14:45

aaronjb

Thought this might interest those of you who were at JAE.. I think you can even see the MR2ROC stand too:

JAE from the air (211.2KB, 102x768 JPEG)

(Photo shamelessly borrowed from an IMOC-UK-CHAT post by Michael Canny.. But I'm sure he won't mind  s:) :) s:) )
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

mph

It couldn't really have been a better picture of our stand if it tried, I can even pick out my tent
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

I didn't get there early enough  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

anyone wanna stick an arrow on there to help me out??   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

I didn't realise Craig had taken a hot air balloon in the back of his silly car    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tomr2"anyone wanna stick an arrow on there to help me out??   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

A smidgen to the right of the middle, just above the bottom road.  The long white thing is the marque and the TTE truck.

Anonymous

And my car's the one with both doors open, looking like it's trying to take off and join the Big Camera In The Sky!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

thought that was the one   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   as it does look like the only stand where all the cars have no roof!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

That's only half the show though...

You see the trees in the top hand right corner? To the right of those was the same amount of cars again! That place is HUGE!

Anonymous

how exciting - can see my car too! And I think I can see a body v close to it - spose there's quite a decent chance it's me polishing   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   Does this mean I'm famous   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Decent chance? I'd say it's gotta be at least 99%...!

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "ekona"Decent chance? I'd say it's gotta be at least 99%...!

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

(but he did look lovely didn't he?!  s:D :D s:D

heathstimpson

Must have been taken on the Saturday then as mine is there  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Yes, it was taken Saturday around 10am or something.  It was a friend of the organiser who arrived by Helicopter, it circled a few times so there must be a few more photos somewhere.

Peter Wright

Quote from: "swp"how exciting - can see my car too! And I think I can see a body v close to it - spose there's quite a decent chance it's me polishing   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   Does this mean I'm famous   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

This a bit clearer   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Pete
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

SteveJ

Quote from: "cstevens"Yes, it was taken Saturday around 10am or something.  It was a friend of the organiser who arrived by Helicopter, it circled a few times so there must be a few more photos somewhere.

Must have been later than that as the white gazebo wasnt moved onto the pitch until lunchtime (IIRC)

Liz

Thats cool. I can see the car and our tent too!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Liz"Thats cool. I can see the car and our tent too!
Our tents were out of the picture offset to the right of the stand area weren't they  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

SteveJ

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "Liz"Thats cool. I can see the car and our tent too!
Our tents were out of the picture offset to the right of the stand area weren't they  s:?: :?: s:?:

Follow the link in the first post - you will get the full picture and our camp-site is clearly visible.

Anonymous

Is it just an illusion from the air, or was the show not as "dense" this year? There seems to be a lot of open space around, both on/between the stands, and the camping areas??

Anonymous

Quote from: "SteveJ"
Quote from: "cstevens"Yes, it was taken Saturday around 10am or something.  It was a friend of the organiser who arrived by Helicopter, it circled a few times so there must be a few more photos somewhere.

Must have been later than that as the white gazebo wasnt moved onto the pitch until lunchtime (IIRC)

Actually, I reckon that one may have been taken some other time, the breakfast tent isnt there, and my silly car isnt either, which leads me to believe that that shot was taken either before 8.30 on Saturday or after 2pm on Sunday.

Anonymous

it was definatley taken Saturday-  I reckon it was in the morning when we first moved the cars into these positions as Lee was next to me but later moved (his car is to the left of mine in the pic). On the sunday Coley and I were neighbours and the yellow one was next door but one to me - so it's definatley not sunday.

SteveJ

Quote from: "cstevens"
Quote from: "SteveJ"

Actually, I reckon that one may have been taken some other time, the breakfast tent isnt there, and my silly car isnt either, which leads me to believe that that shot was taken either before 8.30 on Saturday or after 2pm on Sunday.

SWP's car is where it was on Saturday, the SA is out of it's trailer so defo after 10:00, the silly car and breakfast tent are both in place. All the evidence points to lunchtime / early afternoon on Saturday.

Tem

That kinda looks like some C&C clone  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Ah!

Its all over to the right, twas where the confussion was caused.

Tags: