Angel eye fogs

Started by Anonymous, April 7, 2014, 18:13

Anonymous

A few people have PM'd me asking how I did the fog light angel eyes so I thought I would post up how I did it with links to the various suppliers for the items.

First of all  taking the front bumper off to fit the angel eyes is really easy (once you have done it a few times   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ) I'll try and explain with a couple of pictures

All the fittings are usually 10mm socket size but be careful a some of them might be a bit rusty and seized.

There is one behind the splash guard about where the arrow is on either side, you can just manage to pull the plastic to one side and get a socket on to undo it, it goes back the same way, they have like a snap fitting on the plastic, just give it a pull to release and it snaps back in place when you put it back together

These two here on either side.......

These three under here (These might be the ones that could snap)

The last four are under the bonnet (Easy to see) have something on the floor for when you let the bumper go (I used an old blanket) but don't forget to unplug your fog lamps and don't do what I keep doing.........forget to plug them back in before bolting up the bumper   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Now for the angel eyes (Click for links)

90mm White Angel eye rings
90mm Light covers
Normally closed 12 volt relay
 9mm wide Gel tape
6mm wide Gel tape

The light covers have tabs on which I scored either side with a Stanley knife and snapped off, I then filed a small groove for the wires.

Here's the LED

Fits neatly into the cover

I used 2 layers of the narrower gel-tape to fill the space between the LED and outer edge of the cover

This is the 9mm wide which is wider than the fitting I just stuck it close to the outside edge then trimmed the inside with a Stanley knife (A bit like you trim pastry on a dish), I did it on the inside because the wires stick on the outside and it wouldn't be good to cut them accidentally   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
The wide gel-tape fitted and trimmed, ready to fit, don't worry if it looks scruffy, the gel-tape is clear and you don't see it, you must make sure the glass is free from grease and make sure you position it right first time as it is really sticky stuff......

This is where I fitted my relay, you have to take the front cover off and remove the bin, it makes it easier to get the feed through the bulkhead, I took it from the cig lighter live, fused it and fed the wire through the cable release grommet, I used a Philips screwdriver and eased it between the grommet and the cable then threaded the wire through, push plenty through and it's easy to see in the passenger foot-well.

Hope you like this   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: