TV in dash top locker

Started by Anonymous, August 20, 2004, 10:10

Anonymous

Right then - was sat in my mates car and he just bought a 7" widescreen tv.

I took it out and was just fiddling with it in the '2 and noticed it fitted almost exactly in the top locker space - now what i am thinking is this:

If i get a 6" tv (slightly smaller) and put some form of hinge on it would it be possible to attatch it to the bottom of the locker door which is found on the dash - thus concealing it and making it a little less obv than the navpod?

Has any1 done this and is it possible?

Cheers in advance

James

markiii

no nails is wonderful stuff.

no reasin it won't work thoiugh you'l need to pad teh bottom of the bin to stop the screen getting scratched.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Good thinking mate - right, should be reality by end of next week, think i'll get my g/f to fabricate some kind of pocket for it to slide into (the tv i am talking about rofl) and take it from there.

How do you take the dash top locker door off though does anyone know?

aaronjb

Quote from: "bigun007"I took it out and was just fiddling with it in the '2

I know you've been in Hull on and off for a while James, but that's no reason to start nicking your mates TV equipment  s;) ;) s;)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

(thinks about the door)

It doesn't just pop out does it? Trying desperately to remember now (because I'm too lazy to walk 20ft to the car, ahem  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ) - but isn't it the kind of hinge that you can ease inward a little then pop out?

(p.s. not my fault if you break the door following my 'advice'...  s;) ;) s;)   s:) :) s:) )
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

ROFL - nah am actaully in Sussex atm matey so its not rubbing off on me  s;) ;) s;)

Anyway i had a look last night and tried that but the arms looks pretty brittle so didn't wanna push it and break it if some1 here knew how it works!!

Jap GT300

At the back of each hinge is a surpressed popper that you can release with your fingers then ease it out.

I've tried this before with a screen but the 7" I was using had too big a depth.

Liz

The one I took out of the scrap yard '2 just pulled out with a bit of brute force it is the one that DP has got now. Now if a girl can manage to get one out in one bit the challenge is on!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

how cool would it be to be able to control turbo boost, engine timing, water injection, rev limit, maps for the ECU etc etc.. on a touch screen!

would be like something outta fast and furious  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tomr2"how cool would it be to be able to control turbo boost, engine timing, water injection, rev limit, maps for the ECU etc etc.. on a touch screen!

would be like something outta fast and furious  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Which, in true Top Gear style, makes it distinctly "uncool" ;->

Tags: