Red and black split leather interior

Started by Alsteven, August 14, 2014, 21:39

Alsteven

Hi,
I've had my mk3 for a couple of years now. I've been looking to see if anybody else has one like mine. It's an 05 plate red with a black and red interior ( MR2 seats and doors). I can't find another one like it but I'm sure there must be others. As far as I know the interior was factory fitted as optional extra along with heated seats. Has anybody got one like mine for sale? My daughter wants mine but I don't want to part with it!
  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
Thanks

s12vea

Toyota did have many options of leather combinations from new.

Post a picture up is prob the easiest way
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

adamjob

I have red and black leather although not heated. in a silver car and the door cards are black. 2003.

MisterK

Mine's a black 04 plate which I've had from new.  The original seats were red cloth as I couldn't afford to upgrade to leather at the time:

but I upgraded these after a few years to Red Leather with black punched Alcantara centres with the MR2 logo.  I also got the door cards changed to matching red leather.  This was done by LSC interiors, who unfortunately are no longer trading due to retirement.  I was really pleased with the results and they still look like new many years later.

I think that originally the red coloured cars had the black cloth seats unless leather was specified.  Maybe a previous owner did the same as me and changed the cloth seats for leather?  Having not got leather seats when new I didn't look at the options at the time but I do still have the original brochure (sad I know).  

Just checked, and the Chilli Red car came with 'Malibu' black cloth as standard, but you could choose EITHER Santa Monica black leather, or Santa Cruz red leather but not a combination or mixture of both.

When you say you have a black & red interior, do you mean red leather seats & door cards with the black plastic trim?  This would match up with the above.  As mentioned, a photo would be good.
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

MisterK

Just noticed from the MR2 Roadster Accessories brochure that I've still got!!! & you could order a 'Custom leather interior'.

The wording states 'choose one, or a combination of colours from the range available', so it looks as though that is probably what the original owner did.
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

adamjob

Mine look like this but an exact opposite including the mr2 logos. Although my red doesnt look as bright as this.

puma2

does sound like you have mr t optional extra seats which came with custom colour options as it has bean said before  s:D :D s:D    
very rare and now never see them for sale at all  s:o :o s:o    s:o :o s:o    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

adamjob

Hers a quick pic of the seats.

Tags: